Search for content in message boards

McCoy Family of PA

McCoy Family of PA

Joyce Russell (View posts)
Posted: 5 Mar 2001 8:30PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Jan 2004 11:52AM GMT
Surnames: McCoy
Am looking for any one from the uniontown, Connelsville,Lamberton area. Looking for anyone who can shed some light on my McCoy connections.

Re: McCoy Family of PA

Sharon (View posts)
Posted: 16 Apr 2001 9:58AM GMT
Edited: 22 Jan 2004 11:53AM GMT
I have some information on McCoys who settled in Fayette County,PA in the 1700s. Thomas Jefferson McCoy and father Isaac McCoy, if this might be the family you're looking for. Sharon

Posted: 15 May 2001 11:22AM GMT
Edited: 22 Jan 2004 11:54AM GMT
Surnames: McCoy, Parks
Shanon - My Grandfather name was Isaac Thomas
McCoy. Do any of these names ring a bell -
Isaac Luther McCoy, Myrta Tarleton Celia
Edwards Parks?

Sharon Woodfield (View posts)
Posted: 28 May 2001 9:59AM GMT
Edited: 22 Jan 2004 11:54AM GMT
I'm sorry to be so late in repying. I've been out of town. Let me check my geneology records for the names you mentioned and I'll get back to you.

Posted: 10 Jul 2001 6:21PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jan 2004 11:55AM GMT
Surnames: McCoy, Williams
My father, Roderick Allen McCoy Jr. was born in 1927 in Swissvale, north of Pittsburgh. His father, Roderick Allen McCoy Sr. (Married Emma G. Williams) was born in Cleveland in the early 1890's, and his father, Francis McCoy was born in Pittsburgh. Francis and his wife also had two daughters, Grace, and I can't remember the other's name, but they were much older than my grandfather, Roderick Senior. Francis's father was also Roderick McCoy, and I was told he came from Ireland.

Dianne McRae (View posts)
Posted: 9 Nov 2001 5:25PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jan 2004 11:55AM GMT
Sharon - Please reply. Totally at a brick wall.

Rose McCoyCaskey (View posts)
Posted: 30 Nov 2001 2:11AM GMT
Edited: 22 Jan 2004 11:56AM GMT
Surnames: McCoy, Baskins
I have in my McCoy line a Lt.Thomas Mccoy who fought in the Revoluntionary War, was born about 1745. He moved to Monroe Cty, Ohio from Northcumberland (spelling?), PA in the late 1700's, early 1800's. He was married to Elizabeth Baskins His son, Mitchell (there was also a son Gilbert and a daughter Mary) was born either in PA or Ohio in about 1785. His son Mitchell had a son who was named Thomas after his grandfather, who in turn had a daughter Paulina, who had a son John Harvey (out of wedlock), who had a son Julius, who had a son Clarence McCoy, who then had me. Is Northcumberland ,PA close to where you are asking about in Pennsylvania?

Rose Caskey (View posts)
Posted: 30 Nov 2001 2:16AM GMT
Edited: 22 Jan 2004 11:57AM GMT
Surnames: McCoy, Baskins
I just posted a long message to another person about McCoy's in western PA. I have a Thomas McCoy in my line-born abt 1745. He was a Leiutenant in the Revoluntionary War-married to Elizabeth Baskins abt 1776. They has 3 children-Mary, Gilbert, Mitchell. Moved to Monroe Cty, Ohio in late 1700's or early 1800's I think. I know their children ended up there. He was from Northcumberland , Cumberland Cty, PA, I think. Does any of this sound familiar?

Lea Achey (View posts)
Posted: 30 Nov 2001 3:32AM GMT
Edited: 22 Jan 2004 11:57AM GMT
Thomas McCoy was the son of John McCoy from County Monaghn, Ireland.
Contact me directly at : lachey@televar.com

Posted: 10 Mar 2002 3:13PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jan 2004 11:58AM GMT
Surnames: McCOY, BASKINS, ATKINSON
Regarding Lt. Thomas McCoy, Rev War, does anyone know if his service has been established in DAR? He isn't listed in the Patriot Index books but might have been added in the past 10 years. - - - I copied all of the info about Thomas McCoy from the PA Archives and all of the records appear to pertain to one Thomas McCoy of the Cumberland County area. - - I am a descendant of Thomas' daughter, MARY McCOY, and will be adding all of the info to a page I am doing about my Atkinson, McCoy and Baskins branches. - - I am particularly interested in the sources for the various dates found online for the birth, death and marriage date/place of Thomas McCoy and Elizabeth Baskins. - - Thanks for any help you can give me.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic