Search for content in message boards

Miles Family in Ontario Canda

Miles Family in Ontario Canda

Posted: 4 Mar 2004 1:28AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Nov 2006 6:27AM GMT
Surnames: Miles
Does anyone have information on the Miles fiamily that Immigrated to Ontario. Canada from Great Britain??

Thanks

Re: Miles Family in Ontario Canda

Sheila Lucas (View posts)
Posted: 4 Mar 2004 2:41AM GMT
Have you the name of the person who emigrated to Canada. My great-great uncle went to Canada at the beginning of the 20th Century about 1910. He went with his brother who then went on to the USA. I believe the one who stayed in Canada was Albert Miles.

Posted: 19 May 2004 11:58PM GMT
Edited: 28 Nov 2006 6:27AM GMT
Hi:

My grandfathers name was Richard Henry (Harry) Miles. Can you tell me what part of the UK that your relative emmigrated from.

Thanks
dave85305@yahoo.com

Posted: 21 Dec 2004 9:31PM GMT
Surnames: miles
hi, my grandfather ( allan miles b.1893 in sussex, england ) had a brother herbert who emigrated to canada.I don't know much about him but I remember he came back home to visit when I was a child ( late 50's or early 60's) and had a son called nicholas. please get in touch if you think there is a connection with your family. Pam Stanway.

CHERYL (View posts)
Posted: 9 Sep 2006 6:33PM GMT
My GGrandfather was Albert Alfred Miles in 1891 census of London, who came from England in 1886, adopted but kept his name. Died in ww1 in 1917, had one son. Other than that I'm stuck.

Posted: 13 Sep 2006 6:57AM GMT
Casualty Details
Name: MILES, ALFRED ALBERT
Initials: A A
Nationality: Canadian
Regiment/Service: Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry (Eastern Ontario Regiment)
Unit Text: No. 3 Coy.
Date of Death: between 09/04/1917 and 10/04/1917
Service No: 784869
Additional information: Husband of Elizabeth Kennedy Miles, of 80, Wiltshire Avenue, West Toronto.
Casualty Type: Commonwealth War Dead
Grave/Memorial Reference: V. B. 9.
Cemetery: BOIS-CARRE BRITISH CEMETERY, THELUS

Home | Site Map | Contact Us | Useful Links | Debt of Honour | Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Credits

Posted: 23 Apr 2010 3:40PM GMT
Surnames: Miles, Albert
Hi, I'm looking for my father Albert Baxter Miles who was from Ontarrio, Canada. Do you have more info on the Albert that you mentioned.

Posted: 23 Apr 2010 5:39PM GMT
Albert Miles was born in london and emigrated in the early 1900's. His middles names was no Baxter

Sorry

Posted: 21 Jul 2010 7:21PM GMT
Surnames: MILES
There are three brothers in my tree who emigrated from Purbrook,Hampshire in England. Henry,Edward John, and Charles Miles They went to Ekfrid,Mount,Bridges,Caradoc,Middlesex,Ontario. Charles moved later to Aylmer.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic