Search for content in message boards

Formatting of Comments

Formatting of Comments

Posted: 4 Jan 2011 3:56PM GMT
Classification: Query

I know this has been brought up many times before, but it really gets me down when I type out a well-reasoned, well-formatted comment to add to a tree ... only to see all the sentences/paragraphs run together in an untidy, incomprehensible mess when it is posted.

Surely by now Ancestry's programmers have learned how to make a line-break stay broken!

Re: Formatting of Comments

Posted: 4 Jan 2011 4:14PM GMT
You would think so, wouldn't you

After all, Iit can be done on the message boards and the Ancestry Blog - so why not the Member Trees?

C'mon Ancestry- get with it!

Posted: 7 Feb 2011 11:31PM GMT
This has been a pet peeve of mine since I started my first tree. And I've submitted a number of posts requesting said line-break. Should be one of the easiest fixes people are asking for.

Carole

Endorsement #3

Posted: 8 Feb 2011 3:32AM GMT
Edited: 8 Feb 2011 3:56AM GMT
ACOM, you've had this on your to-do list forever...

http://boards.ancestry.com/topics.ancestry.membertree.member...

FIX IT ! (please)

Posted: 8 Feb 2011 4:03AM GMT
Here's my vote for an improved view - YES! What is taking so long to implement something so simple ACOM?

Perhaps ACOM should consider devoting the resources of one programmer to fix the numerous little things to keep paying customers happy while the bulk of the programmers are working on the *major* things that are keeping customers *very* unhappy. Teamwork would be essential.

Posted: 3 Jan 2013 7:45PM GMT
Please consider adding your voice to this petition for basic text formatting capability...

http://boards.ancestry.com/topics.ancestry.ancimprovements/2...
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions