Search for content in message boards

Mate Cameljic or Cemeljic or Camelich or Cemelich b. 1874

Mate Cameljic or Cemeljic or Camelich or Cemelich b. 1874

Posted: 25 Oct 2012 1:54AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Oct 2012 1:06PM GMT
Surnames: Cameljic
I'm looking for any trace of this man, who might have used any of the above spellings or one of the other 20 that I've seen(!).
Mate Cameljic (as spelled on the ship's list);
he was born in about 1874 in Kolan, Dalmatia;
immigrated 1909, ship Alice from Trieste; he was to be going to his cousin, Loncaric in Columbus, Ohio;
his wife, Kata, remained in Kolan.
I haven't found his wife Kata in any immigration record.

Re: Mate Cameljic or Cemeljic or Camelich or Cemelich b. 1874

Posted: 3 Jan 2013 9:37PM GMT
Surnames: Gligora(or my mothers surname Čemeljić)
Hello my name is Silvano and i am from Kolan.
I am this mans great grandson, and i am interested how my great great grandfather passed.I heard from my grandma that he died in buonos aires about 1980 year but i am not sure about that information so if you could contact me on this email address:silvano.gligora@zd.t-com.hr so that you could tell me about my great great granfahter and that we can exchange information.

Re: Mate Cameljic or Cemeljic or Camelich or Cemelich b. 1874

Posted: 11 Jan 2013 9:49AM GMT
Hello Nora,
Thank you for your quick answer ,you were right my great granfathers name was Ante(His fathers name Mate ) Čemeljić was born 15.february 1903. had two sisters
named : Kate Čemeljić and Matica(or Matija Čemeljić).
For Kata and Matija my aunt will ask the dates of their birth with the priest in Kolan.
We know that he had a wife in Kolan her name was Urica (Gligora) Čemeljić and he had a son named Mate(they called him Zdravko) Čemeljić.
If you could investigate how he lived ,what did he do there and the most important did he start a new family there and where was he buried
i would be very grateful.

Cemeljic, Ante b. 1903 d. 1908 Argentina

Posted: 11 Jan 2013 5:10PM GMT
Surnames: Cemeljic
I'm sorry I do not have any info on Ante/Anthony. I have put that family into my database, but if he lived and/or died in Argentina, then I doubt I will find anything on him. (I do not have a world-wide subs. to ancestry.com). I did a little looking around, and did find a post that might help you: Good luck in your search.
Re: HELP unable to find Argentina Death Record
Posted: 15 Oct 2011 9:49PM
Classification: Death
Hi,
I just logged into ancestry to reply to a person who was asking me your same question. If you allow me, I suggest that you visit this site [www.limeres.com], as the lawyers in this firm were able to help me obtain all the death six records and certificates I was needing from Buenos Aires, Argentina. They specialize in estate & probate law. I actually ended up retaining them for my very last family succession. Highly reccomendable, reasonable fees too.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions