Search for content in message boards

Photo Help Needed - Two Jacob House

Photo Help Needed - Two Jacob House

Posted: 28 Jan 2008 8:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
Could it be that these two photos are of the same person taken years apart? Or, could it be of father and son?

Scott Barker
sbarker4@ptd.net
Attachments:

Re: Photo Help Needed - Two Jacob House

Posted: 30 Jan 2008 5:39PM GMT
They do not look the same to me but they could be related, father-son, uncle-nephew? Are there any dates on the photos?

Posted: 30 Jan 2008 6:30PM GMT
I think they are father and son. There are no dates on the photos but I can say they were taken some time after 1865 as there was a raised copyright on one of the pages of 1865.

Scott

Posted: 31 Jan 2008 1:24AM GMT
Scott,
Maybe if you ran the photo copies through a photo editor, you might be able to mitigate (lighten) some of the darkness and bring the men's features out a little? Maybe the are tin-type photos if they are that old? I didn't catch where they were from? My brick way is my g gm, Maud Pearl HOUSE-Hinds b. abt 1873, adopted by the HINDS fanily in Woodland TWP, Decature Co., IA.

Posted: 31 Jan 2008 12:16PM GMT
My House line originally came from Herkimer/Montgomery county in NY. They settled in Jefferson County NY sometime around 1820-1830. I haven't fully developed the line yet but I imagine a family member or two could have migrated east as I have a couple other lines that did the same after 1850 or so.

Scott

Posted: 12 Feb 2008 6:41PM GMT
Hi Scott,

I've been searching for awhile for any HOUSE information. What I do know is very little; none confirmed with documents. With that said, I have a 4xgreat-grandfather named Samuel LISCUM (many variations in spelling!) who married Hannah HOUSE, who also had a sister by the name of Charlotte HOUSE. The area is the same that you mentioned Herkimer/Montgomery county in NY. The Liscum's came from this area as well.
I'm wondering if you're HOUSE connection has any connection with mine?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic