Search for content in message boards

Burton and Drought families

Burton and Drought families

Helen Burton (View posts)
Posted: 6 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Burton, Drought, Campbell
I am searching for the children of Rev. James Drought of Banagher in Offaly. He was Regius Professor of Trinity College, Dublin in the early part of the 18th Century. One of his daughters married a Burton. Any help on James's family much appreciated (James married Elizabeth Campbell).

Elizabeth Drought

Brenda Dailey (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Drought, Odlum
One of my ancestors, an Odlum, married Elizabeth Drought
in King's County, in the 18th century. Any connection?
Thank you for any information you may have. Brenda Dailey

George Drought b. 1783

Kathy Sesso (View posts)
Posted: 11 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Drought
I am curious if there is any knowledge of a George Drought b. 1783 who married a Mary Ann Short - both of King's County Ireland. I do know that they both emigrated to Canada in 1826. Any information would be great!

Thanks, Kathy

George Drought

David Drought (View posts)
Posted: 27 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Hi Kathy,

Just to let you know I have something on a George Drought in Canada.I think the information you are looking for I might have so you write to me if you want it and I will send it on to you.

Dave.

ODLUM-DROUGHT Marriage

Posted: 12 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 17 Nov 2002 7:49PM GMT
Surnames: Odlum, Clopton, Drought, Ruddock
I am descended from Henry Odlum and Elizabeth Drought, who married in 1749. Their daughter, Elizabeth married Thomas Mangan of Piercetown House, Co Kildare in 1781. Have other info to exchange if you are interested.

Re: George Drought b. 1783

Posted: 15 Aug 2001 6:17AM GMT
Edited: 26 Aug 2001 2:42AM GMT
Kathy (and David, too, if you get this message) ~

Just caught your old Message Board query (from Aug. 1999) asking for information on George Drought of Kings Co. (Offaly), Ireland who emigrated to Canada in 1826 with wife Mary Ann (nee Short). The reason I noticed it was I was pulling up some surnames that pertain to Racine, WI ~ and George & Mary Ann Drought's son Tom and a daughter both settled in Racine in 1838 (their parents followed late in their lives). George & Mary Ann had 12 kids, which you may know.

To make a long story shorter, I have access to a book that contains George & Mary Ann Drought's family history. It also includes the most fabulous old, old photos of son Thomas and his wife, and of the Drought Homestead (built in 1853) with old Thomas and Caroline and three of their kids rocking on the porch! If you'd like me to scan these things in for you, give me an email at kbcunning@aol.com and let me know.

Posted: 15 May 2012 6:44AM GMT
I am also interested in George Drought, well really more interested in his wife Mary Ann Shortt. I believe she may be a sister of an ancestor of mine so I am wondering if anyone know's the name of her parents of siblings?

Posted: 15 May 2012 10:05AM GMT
Surnames: George Drought

Posted: 15 May 2012 12:12PM GMT
I have an Ellen Short from Kings Cnty. From info that I have she had several sisters--one named Mary. What is the first name of your Short ancestor and do you have a year of birth?

Posted: 15 May 2012 12:24PM GMT
She was born in 1792. Born in Cappagowlan
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions