Search for content in message boards

Family in Namur

Family in Namur

Posted: 1 Jan 2012 1:20PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lambillion
My name is Susan Brown nee Lambilliion. I have traced my Great Great Granfather Jaques Lambillion back to being born in Belgium. Namur comes up quite a bit. He was born in 1832. Is there any Lambillion out there that can help me trace further back to Belgium than this. I do believe their is a Vet in Namur with the same name.

Re: Family in Namur

Posted: 12 Mar 2012 2:24AM GMT
hi Susann

Are you sure he s born in Namur ?

xxx

Posted: 13 Mar 2012 5:36PM GMT
Hi
Possibly Brussels. Jacb married Marie Lambert and one of theirt children William is my ancestor. I am trying to dind out more about Jacob and Marie.
Thanks for replying. I hope you have more news for me. Sue

Posted: 13 Mar 2012 7:44PM GMT
Suzy

How do you know he was born in 1832 ?
What is it you exactly know for sure ?

I didn t find the marraige in Namur city... not easy to help with so few informations...

Tell me all you know even about William , do you have any records yet ?

Best regards
Pascal

Posted: 1 Apr 2012 6:07PM GMT
So Sorry for not replying earlier.
Right here we go:
My maiden name is Susan Lambillion born 1948.
My father was Frank Edward Charles Lambillion born 1913. He was one of four brothers. Thomas, Peter, William.
Their Father was Peter Lambillion, born 1887.All these were born in London.Peters Father was William Lambillion born 1862.
His parents came from Belgium, possibly Namur or Brussels.
Their names are Jaque Lambillion and Marie Amelia Lambert.
I have many records of them living in London. But it all stops as I cannot go any further here. Can you help. I have only recently started to trace my family history. And have found it quite addictive. I do not have any photos of Jaque and Marie. But would dearly love to find out why they left Belgium. They were both born in around 1832-1833. I have established this through the censuses here in England.Thank you for answering. All the best Sue
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions