Search for content in message boards

Leone-Enriquez family (Malta>CAN>NY)

Leone-Enriquez family (Malta>CAN>NY)

Tiffany (View posts)
Posted: 27 Apr 2005 8:06AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Jun 2005 10:49AM GMT
Surnames: Leone-Enriquez
I am Tiffany Bonavia, born and raised in Malta (EU). My mom's maiden name is Leone-Enriquez and her father (my grandfather) name is Vincent Leone-Enriquez. He served in the navy in the second world war, and after the war ended, he emigrated with his wife Margerita (aka margerite or gita) to Canada. They had a daughter there named Rita (my mom) and then emigrated to the US (Brooklyn NY). My grandfather was also a footballer here in Malta befor he emigrated, he used to play with Sliema and the RMA. In the early 1980's he came back to Malta together with his wife and daughter and they lived in Gzira, then Msida and then Zabbar (when my mom married my dad). Unfortunately my grandfather passed away in our residence on 15/07/2003. My grandmother is still alive. Since my mom is an only child, no one will carry on her family name. I was wondering if someone could help me to find any ancestors (dead or alive) both in Malta and abroad. Thanks.

Re: Leone-Enriquez family (Malta>CAN>NY)

Posted: 29 Sep 2009 6:57AM GMT
Surnames: Leone-Enriquez
My name is Bernadette(maiden name - Leone- Enriquez,I was born in Sliema, Malta. My father was born in Zabbar. My grandfather was(Arthur Leone- Enriquez, was Superintendent of Police,(his fathers name "Vincent Leone- Enriquez) Arthur was married to Margherita Zammit, . This is all the information I have at this time. I wonder if we share the same Great Grandfather? Can you help me with more information?

Posted: 14 Apr 2011 4:27AM GMT
Surnames: Bonavia- Allegri
My Great Grandmother had a sister named Rita. Her nam was Josephine Allegri and later Josephine Bonavia. I have very little information about my family but will happily share it.

Posted: 26 Jan 2013 2:59PM GMT
Dear Bernadette, we were looking up relations of my son's paternal ancestors and my mother said, look up my father, and her father was Arthur Leone-Enriquez, my mother is 95,and she has her younger sister of 90 still living in Sliema, and we were surprised to find your email ,in search of any relations that may help you in discovering more of your family, well we may be able to help, if not I have a cousin in Malta who might be able to help further in your enquiry!, I am quite excited, in discovering a cousin ? I knew we had relations, and actually we are in touch with, a couple of your grandather's deceased son John's offpring,who live nr NY.
I hope I hear from you beat wishes from Susan

my email sholmessiedle@yahoo.com

Posted: 27 Jan 2013 5:57AM GMT
Dear Bernadette,
My Grandfather was Arthur L-E, and married to a Margaret Zammit, I live in the UK, and still have relations in Malta that may help in giving you more information, my mother is 95, and she is one of Arthur L-E's daughter, she has a younger sister still in Malta, and I have several cousins, living there, I shall be pleased to hear from you.
my email is . sholmessiedle@yahoo.com
What was your father's name?
best wishes Susan
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions