Search for content in message boards

Asaph and Benjamin Landers(Launders, etc.)

Asaph and Benjamin Landers(Launders, etc.)

Posted: 18 Jun 2000 5:09PM GMT
Edited: 30 Jun 2001 2:44PM GMT
Was Asaph Landers, b. 1794 in MA (1850 MI Census) the son of Benjamin Launders (etc.)and Mary Bird Woodford who were married 17Feb1791 in West Avon Congregational Church, Avon, Ct?

Hartford Court Records indicate Asaph Launders "belonged to the district." He was apprenticed to Eligah Porter on 25Mar1809, about 16 years of age for the sum of $50.00.

Church and county history records indicate Mary B. and Asaph Launders were at Granby, CT in 1815, in Medina County, OH in 1830's. And only Asaph in MI in 1842 until disappearing from records in 1865.

Does anyone know what happened to Benjamin who was b. 28Apr1768 at Wethersfield, CT to Samuel Launders and Sarah (Fuller) Williams?

Re: Asaph and Benjamin Landers(Launders, etc.)

Posted: 7 Apr 2007 7:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Landers
Hi, I have Benjamin Landers in my tree, the only thing I have is, he married Mary Bird 02-17-1791.
I have Asaph as Samuel and Sarah (Fuller) Landers's son b. 03-27-1783.
I am looking for Samuel Landers father(Samuel b. 1735-1744. Marr. to Sarah Fuller, Could it be Ebenezer Landers? and which one or could be Deacon Joseph Landers b. 08-08-1723 to Joseph and Deborah Doty? Any help will be greatly appreciated. will share if you need anything. Thank you, Mary Ellen(Landers)Ingle

Posted: 7 Apr 2007 7:58PM GMT
Hi, I have Benjamin Landers in my tree, the only thing I have is, he married Mary Bird 02-17-1791.
I have Asaph as Samuel and Sarah (Fuller) Landers's son b. 03-27-1783.
I am looking for Samuel Landers father(Samuel b. 1735-1744. Marr. to Sarah Fuller, Could it be Ebenezer Landers? and which one or could be Deacon Joseph Landers b. 08-08-1723 to Joseph and Deborah Doty? Any help will be greatly appreciated. will share if you need anything. Thank you, Mary Ellen(Landers)Ingle

Posted: 9 Apr 2007 2:11AM GMT
Mary Ellen Landers Ingle. Thank you for answering my Landers query. Pease e-mail me at mgmfiske@aol.com. The Asaph and Benjamin to whom I was referring were (circumstantial evidence)the son and grandson of Benjamin and Mary Bird Woodford, who were married 17 Feb 1791. I think they had five children, the last being Benjamin born about 1798 and died 1815. Mary and son Asaph are at Turkey Hills, Hartford County, CT., Congregational about 1815. No sign of the father, Benjamin. Mary B. Landers was in Medina County, Ohio in 1832 starting a Congregational Church. This information is from The History of Medina County. Two of Mary's daughters are also in the area at the time and married as was son Asaph. Asaph then moved to Eaton County Michigan after 1841. This Asaph listed his age in the 1850 Federal Census as having been 1794. His son, Benjamin (I think)was born 1815 in CT. (same Census). I have not done any genealogy since Hurricane Katrina as all my genealogy was compromised due to water. However, I may be able to find some of it. I, too, have surmised that Samuel Landers, born about 1740 may have been the son of Ebenezer as, if I remember correctly, a son of Ebenezer came to visit my Asaph from MA at a time one of Asaph's daughters married as he witnessed the marriage. Please e-mail me regarding from which of Samuel's and Sarah's children you are descended.

Posted: 19 May 2009 11:36PM GMT
Hi, I too am doing research on this family. However, my husband was a descendant of Lemuel instead of Benjamin and Asaph. Do you have any leads on whether or not Ebenezer was father to Samuel who married Sarah Fuller? I am willing to share any info I have on the family.

Dorothy

Posted: 23 May 2009 7:52PM GMT
Samuel Landers who married Sarah Fuller - his parents were Ebenezer Landers and Content Dexter. Ebenezer's parents were John Landers and Rachel Freeman. I have a large Landers genealogy but have a new laptop with new Vista and new Family Tree 09. I am still learning how to gather, print and save reports to send out. As soon as I have it saved, I will send a brief Landers report for you.

Posted: 23 May 2009 7:52PM GMT
Samuel Landers who married Sarah Fuller - his parents were Ebenezer Landers and Content Dexter. Ebenezer's parents were John Landers and Rachel Freeman. I have a large Landers genealogy but have a new laptop with new Vista and new Family Tree 09. I am still learning how to gather, print and save reports to send out. As soon as I have it saved, I will send a brief Landers report for you.

Posted: 25 May 2009 5:15PM GMT
Wmgerdel, Thank you for your information. What is your source of proof that Samuel was a son of Ebenezer and Content Dexter Landers? Also, did they have a son Ashel? My e-mail address is:mgmfiske@aol.com.

Posted: 25 May 2009 5:27PM GMT
Surnames: Wmgerdel, Landers,
Dorothy, Thank you for your response to my Landers posting. Please look at the response to me from Wmgerdel dated May 23, 2009. I have replied to Wmgerdel and requested the source of his proof that Ebenezer and Content Dexter Landers were the parents of Samuel Landers the husband of Sarah Fuller.
Our home had major damage from Hurricane Katrina, and we are just now unpacking. Most of our genealogy was under water and some of it is now unreadable. I haven't done any genealogy since 2005. However, I may be able to find some old information regarding Ebenezer and Content. I am quite certain the information I had did not list Samuel as one of his children. However, I am going to try to see if I can find any thing about this lead. My e-mail address is:mgmfiske@aol.com

Posted: 25 May 2009 5:39PM GMT
Surnames: Dexter Landers Fuller
Mary Landers Ingle, this is in response to your post of 2007 which I answered at that time. However, yesterday I had a response to my Landers Post from a Wmgerdel to which you should refer. I have e-mailed him regarding his source of proof that Ebenezer and Content Dexter Landers were the parents of the Samuel Landers who married Sarah Fuller. My e-mail address is mgmfiske@aol.com. Please keep in touch as I have/had information on Ebenezer prior to Hurricane Katrina.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions