Search for content in message boards

Mary SPRAY 1803 SC-Jacob MILLS 1793 OH

Mary SPRAY 1803 SC-Jacob MILLS 1793 OH

Posted: 28 Jan 2004 10:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 Nov 2004 3:06PM GMT
Surnames: SPRAY, MILLS
Hunting for information on my gr-gr-gr-grandparents. I am descended through their son, Joseph Nelson Mills.

Re: Mary SPRAY 1803 SC-Jacob MILLS 1793 OH

Posted: 25 Nov 2004 8:06PM GMT
A Sprayberry died in SC about this time and did not leave a will. There has a huge legal battle over his estate. Most of the family changed their name to Spray and moved to TN. If you can get tied to this family. I have Sprayberry data. John
P Spraberry

Posted: 12 Jan 2011 4:56PM GMT
Surnames: Sprayberry/Spray
I know this is an old post but am looking for the Spray families that moved to TN,GA then back to TN. Mainly James listed in the 1820 census and living in Ga. I am searching for my grandfather, John, who I think is the one listed as divorced as I know he left my grandmother shortly after my mother was born in April of 1918. I have been unable to locate any info on him. Anything you have on the TN Spray family will be appreciated.

Posted: 12 Jan 2011 9:03PM GMT
Mary, I have done an extensive research on the Sprayberry/Spraberry family. We have found that a James Sprayberry died in South Carolina in 1820, did not leave a will and there was extensive legal ligation over his estate. It SEEMS, that his decendants dropped the berry from their names, moved to Tennessee and beyond.
It may take DNA to prove this. Sorry, tis the best I can do. John P Spraberry Lubbock, TX

Posted: 12 Jan 2011 11:37PM GMT
My name is Beth and my grandfather was John Spray son of James O and Fannie, his siblings are Cassie,Mary L, Stonewall and Homer and he had a son, Luther. He was born in TN in 1892. I found them in the 1920 census in Ga and he is shown as "divorced". He apparently left shortly after my mother was born in 1918. I have found no marriage, divorce or birth cetificate for my mother. She was told that was her father's name but nothing els. I assume there were major problems since nobody will talk about it. If anything you have regarding your Mary b. 1803 in SC matches any of these names, please let me know. Thanks!

Posted: 13 Jan 2011 2:07AM GMT
Lets correspond
My e-mail is;
jpspraberry@nts-online.net
John P Spraberry

Posted: 13 Jan 2011 4:12PM GMT
I will email you today. Thanks,
Beth
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions