Search for content in message boards

Illinois Zito family

Illinois Zito family

Mike (View posts)
Posted: 30 Mar 2005 5:32PM GMT
Classification: Query
Have info on the Zito family that came from San Giuseppe Iato, Sicily and settled in Springfield, Illinois and Rockford, Illinois if anyone is interested.

Re: Illinois Zito family

Shannon (View posts)
Posted: 7 Dec 2005 5:51AM GMT
My grandpa was a Zito and lived here in Chicago. I'm wondering if there's a relation. I'd be interested in seeing what information you have. Thanks.

Mike (View posts)
Posted: 14 Dec 2005 7:27PM GMT
The Zito family I'm referring to came from San Giuseppe Iato, Sicily and settled in Springfield, Illinois and Rockford, Illinois. As far as I know, I'm sure there were no Chicago connections to this family....

Posted: 26 Feb 2006 6:07PM GMT
Edited: 14 May 2006 3:18AM GMT
Surnames: Zito
I had Zito family in Chicago. Joseph (b. 8/27/1892, d. 12/27/1974). His wife Agnes (b. 11/12/1893, d. 11/1983).
Could this be the same family?

Michael (View posts)
Posted: 26 Feb 2006 7:39PM GMT
No, the Zito family I speak of came from San Giuseppe Iato, Sicily and some settled in Springfield, Illinois while the others settled in Rockford, Illinois. As far as I know they have never lived in Chicago.

Posted: 26 Nov 2006 2:51PM GMT
I am looking for info on the Zito family from Springfield. I have the following family members: Frank Zito, wife Lena. Frank was born in San Giuseppe Jato in 1893. Then there was Samuel Zito, born in 1890, settled in Springfield but was forced to return to Sicily after a prohibition violation, and Joseph Zito, who settled in Rockford. Now I am particulary interested in the realationship with the Zito and Giganti families. Ignazio Giganti was married to a Zito, and they had a son named Carlo Giganti (born 1907, passed away 1992). This Carl giganti appears to have had business associations with Frank Zito, but I suspect they were also related. Any help is really appreciated.

Michael (View posts)
Posted: 26 Nov 2006 9:35PM GMT
I have some info on the Giuseppe Zito who was born in San Giuseppe Iato, Sicily in 1906. He did settle in the Springfield area and moved to Rockford, Illinois with his brother-in-law Gaspare Bernardo Calo around 1931. Gaspare married Giuseppe's sister Providenza Zito I believe. Giuseppe himself married Maria Graziano in Rockford. As far as the Giganti connection, I would be interested in hearing that part. I had no knowledge of a Giganti connection.
The info here is what I know off the top of my head. I will have to check the info in my files and post that later.

lennert (View posts)
Posted: 29 Nov 2006 3:26PM GMT
Well, as I said, I am not sure they indeed were related, I just noticed that Frank Zito was associated with Carl Giganti during the latter part of prohibition, and that Carl's mothers maiden name was Zito.

Just a coincidence, or maybe they were related. I hoped somebody could clear it up. I will try to find out myself, if I know something, I'll post it.

Posted: 15 Jan 2013 2:13PM GMT
Carl Giganti was not related to Frank Zito. I was told that Carl's mother Pietra Zito Giganti was from a different Zito family than Frank. I think Carl and Frank may have had some business dealings together. Carl's sister, Catherine, was a sister-in-law to Frank's wife Lena.

Posted: 17 Jan 2013 6:14PM GMT
Surnames: McConnell
Hello all. I'm trying to find out some more information regarding Mr. & Mrs. Zito, as my mother was Mrs. Zito's personal hairsylist at their apartment in Springfield, IL. Rumor through my family is that my Grandfather work order Vito Impastato during the Teamster era. He was a bread delivery driver for Holsum Bread. My Mother paid tribute to the Zito's via the Roman Cultural Society.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions