Search for content in message boards

Springdale R. C. Cem, Stamford, CT

Springdale R. C. Cem, Stamford, CT

Posted: 4 Oct 2006 8:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
I just recently discovered two people who both died in 1897 in Stamford and were buried in Springdale. I can find no mention of this cem. anywhere. It's not in Barbour's or any of the CT gen. research books I've seen. It doesn't even turn up on Google. Does anyone know the current name and location of this cem? There are probably a lot more members of the family buried there as they were all Irish Catholics.

Re: Springdale R. C. Cem, Stamford, CT

Judy Herbert (View posts)
Posted: 9 Nov 2006 10:56PM GMT
Classification: Cemetery
Springdale is St. John's Cemetery, in Darien Barbara. I just replied to your Hart posting to me.

Judy Herbert

Posted: 24 Nov 2006 5:07AM GMT
I believe this cemetery is in Glenbrook, it's pretty big too.

It's next to Springdale Florist and I cannot remember the name of it. You might want to try and see if you can contact Springdale Florist and ask what cemetery they are next to. Hope that helps.

Posted: 24 Mar 2007 6:18AM GMT
Springdale Florist is on the corner of Camp Ave and Hoyt St. in Darien. The Cemetery is right across from it with entrances on both Hoyt St and Camp Ave. The New Canaan commuter train runs right through the cemetery.

How do I know? I lived on both Hoyt St and right across the street from the Camp Ave entrance. Besides, my grandfather is buried there.

It's definitely in Darien.

Hope this helps,
D. Lee Gullett

Posted: 24 Mar 2007 6:31AM GMT
The cemetery is called ST. John's cemetery . My grandmother and cousins are buried there. i can send you a list of people buried in that cemetery. contact me betty facciuto mclaughlin at efacciuto59@yahoo.com

Posted: 24 Mar 2007 6:39AM GMT
hello, i see where you said you lived on hoyt st. and my father used to live there too with his sister. This was in 1920 after he came from the orphanage in new haven, ct. called highland heights. On the census it shows he was the adopted son of mary fahey, and his sister Rose but the name was never changed, his brother was in the stamford childrens home . i have done a lot of searching for my family. my dad died in 1971 and i lived in hamden, ct. with my mother. I found relatives galore. I am an only child. Computers are great and i had this great lady in Canada who helped me every step of the way. Now i try to help others. i do not have any genealogy paid sites, but have helped others through my friends and have used classmates.com too. If you want to talk more. You can reach me at efacciuto59@yahoo.com I live in michigan now. Have a good day!!

Posted: 31 Jan 2010 10:51PM GMT
Surnames: Bigos, Horwath, Zombeck
This is an old thread, but I'm hoping you are still here to see this. I believe my great-grandmother is buried there, would love to know for sure and whether or not anyone else in the family is with her. On her death cert. it lists the place of burial as St John's RC in Springdale.

Her first name was Mary, or Mary Ann. The last name Horwath is listed on the cert., but she was also married to a Zombeck. Any help would be appreciated.

Posted: 31 Jan 2010 10:54PM GMT
yes i am still here and there is a list of people in that cemetery email me at efacciuto59@yahoo.com betty Facciuto-Mclaughlin

Posted: 1 Nov 2011 12:47AM GMT
BETTY,

DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR LIST OF PEOPLE BURIED AT THIS CEMETERY? MY GRANDPARENTS, GREATGRANDPARENTS, AND POSSIBLY OTHER RELATIVES ARE BURIED THERE. WOULD IT BE POSSIBLE FOR ME TO GET A COPY FROM YOU? I WOULD BE WILLING TO PAY YOU FOR IT. MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS downing.judy@yahoo.com. APPRECIATE ANY INFORMATION YOU CAN HELP ME WITH. JUST WANT TO KNOW ABOUT WHERE IN THE CEMETERY THEY ARE BURIED.

JUDY DOWNING

Posted: 13 Jun 2012 10:23PM GMT
FINDAGRAVE.com lists Springdale in East Windsor, Ct
per page

Find a board about a specific topic