Search for content in message boards

Is there a way to synch RootsMagic 6 and Ancestry.com

Is there a way to synch RootsMagic 6 and Ancestry.com

Posted: 9 Apr 2013 3:45PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am brand new to RootsMagic combined with Ancestry.com. My roots magic database has a couple of thousand names over generations and I would love to somehow synch them with my family tree in Ancestry.com so I don't have to manually type them in. I would use Ancestry.com to find supporting source documents. Then I would want to synch back with the images and documents to Roots Magic 6. I am sure thousands know the best way to do this. But I am not one of them. Any help to be had?

Re: Is there a way to synch RootsMagic 6 and Ancestry.com

Posted: 9 Apr 2013 4:47PM GMT
Currently there isn't a way to sync data between RootsMagic and Ancestry (Ancestry hasn't provided API access to RootsMagic to allow this).

For now you would need to use GEDCOM files to move data back and forth between RootsMagic and Ancestry.

Posted: 9 Apr 2013 4:54PM GMT
Thanks! That is the clue I needed. Now I will go learn how to create and upload and download GEDCOM files.

Posted: 25 Apr 2013 6:31PM GMT
I doubt they will ever allow API access. This would likely effect the sales of Family Tree Maker.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions