Search for content in message boards

HOLLINGTON / PAYNE / HOPSON in Bethnal Green

HOLLINGTON / PAYNE / HOPSON in Bethnal Green

Posted: 8 Jul 2002 8:31AM GMT
Classification: Death
Surnames: HOLLINGTON, PAYNE, HOPSON
I have a collection of Memorial Cards which were in the possession of my father's aunt and found in her effects when she died. Some of them we have identified as members of our family known to us but I'm posting the details of other shere in the hope that someone will recognise the names and help me tie them in to my family. I'll post a couple at a time! My family name is HOLLINGTON and we've traced abck to my Great Great Grandfather, Charles HOLLINGTON, in the Bethnal Green area.

"Edward Hollington, fell asleep May 10th 1923 aged 5 months, interred in Manor Park Cemetery, May 16th."

"Ellen Mary Hollington, departed this life April 24th 1924, aged 36 years. Interred at St. Patrick's Cemetery, Leytonstone."

"John Thomas Albert PAYNE, beloved child of John Thomas Albert & Rose Elizabeth Amelia Payne, who fell asleep, March 25th, 1915. Aged 7 months. Interred in Tower Hamlets Cemetery, Bow, April 3rd."

"William HOPSON, who passed away January 21st, 1936, aged 51 Years. Interred at Manor Park Cemetery."

"Alice Maud HOPSON who died 3rd September 1944 aged 59 years. Interred at Manor Park Cemetery"

"Doris Rebecca HOPSON who passed away, March 2nd, 1928, aged 10 months. Interred at Manor Park Cemetery"

Please contact me if you think you know any of these names.

Wendy

Re: HOLLINGTON/PAYNE/HOPSON in Bethnal Green

Posted: 17 Aug 2002 11:33AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Jul 2003 10:52AM GMT
HI WENDY,
DO YOU HAVE ANY INFO ON THOMAS & ALICE HOLLINGTON YOU COULD GIVE ME.
ON 25TH DECEMBER 1898 THEY WERE WITNESS AT THE MARRIAGE OF MY GT GT UNCLE PERCY HAROLD SMITH TO ELIZABETH JANE RICHARDS, AT BETHNAL GREEN PARISH CHURCH.
THEY WERE MOST LIKELY JUST FRIEND'S, BUT I WONDER IF THEY MAY OF BEEN RELATED TO ELIZABETH IN ANY WAY.
MANY THANKS FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN GIVE ME
STEVE.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions