Search for content in message boards

ALEXANDER JOSEPH LOURIA (1901-1997) Lincoln Park

ALEXANDER JOSEPH LOURIA (1901-1997) Lincoln Park

Posted: 13 Dec 2012 8:27PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 Dec 2012 2:35PM GMT
Surnames: Louria, Dicaire
I am seeking further information and the descendants of
ALEXANDER JOSEPH LOURIA, born 1901, s/o David Louria & Henriette Dicaire of Lincoln Park. Alexander J. Louria died in 1997.

Around 1933, he was married to Bernadett J. (?) and had a family of at least three children; namely, JOAN LOURIA (b. 1935); JEANETTE LOURIA (b. 1938) and DAVID LOURIA (b. 1939).

Alexander Louria was a tool & dye maker by trade and worked at one of the auto plants.

Wishing to contact descendants and also seeking photographs of this family for our history.

With thanks,
Kevin.

Re: ALEXANDER JOSEPH LOURIA (1901-1997) Lincoln Park

Posted: 15 Dec 2012 6:00PM GMT
Edited: 17 Dec 2012 2:09AM GMT
Surnames: Louria, Kilpatrick, Read, Robertson, Kreitner
I am not related but found this information to help you with the Louria family tree

KILPATRICK, KATHLEEN SUSAN (LOURIA) 2012-04-08

KILPATRICK KATHLEEN SUSAN (LOURIA) The Lord must have needed another angel to join His chorus and sing His praises as He called "Kathy" home on Christmas Eve of 2011. Kathleen was a long-time resident of Palm Harbor, Florida when she wasn't traveling throughout Europe and Asia. She was born on November 15, 1949 in Wyandotte General Hospital in Michigan She was preceded on her eternal journey by her beloved son, James Alan, and by her parents Bernadette (Steffes) and Alex Louria. Her brothers, Bernard and David also preceded her. She graduated from Lincoln Park High School in 1967. She retired from the Norfolk & Southern Railroad of Melvindale, MI. She leaves behind her husband of forty-three years, James Lee and her daughter Michelle Rene Read (David) and two much-treasured grandchildren – Amanda Paige Read and David Austin Read of Tampa, FL. Further, she will be deeply missed by her sister Joan Robertson (Donald) of Flat Rock, MI, her sister Janet Rodriguez (Mario) of Lincoln Park, MI, her sister Bernadine Kreitner and her brother Lee Louria, both of Lincoln Park. Kathleen will especially miss the many nieces and nephews that the Lord had blessed her with.Kathleen was a patriot, and she was a member of Post 67, Lincoln Park, MI American Legion Auxiliary.Ever the adventuress, Kathy was a resident of Fintas, Kuwait when Sadam Hussein invaded Kuwait on August 2, 1990. Only through daring driving were Kathy, her daughter Michelle and her husband Jim able to drive past the invading forces and escape through the border of Saudi Arabia and into the city of Khafji. Eventually, James' employer, McDonnell-Douglas Corporation, redeployed the three from Saudi Arabia to the city of Detroit. Never giving in to bullies, Kathleen returned to Kuwait when the last of the oil-well fires were extinguished.From her base in Kuwait, Kathleen took many trips to Europe and Asia. She was very enthused with a trip to Beijing, China where she walked the "Great Wall". She had two very special trips that she called her "pilgrimages". The first pilgrimage was to the grotto of Mother Mary in Lourdes, France. Her second pilgrimage was to Israel. She talked often of how she went to the birthplace of Jesus in Bethlehem. She also liked to tell her friends how she had actually walked where Jesus had walked the Via Dolorosa in Jerusalem where she performed the nine Stations of the Cross.A private family graveside memorial service will be held April 14th, 11:30 a.m. at St. Joseph Shrine, 8743U. S. 12, Brooklyn, MI in the Irish Hills area of Michigan.In lieu of flowers, donations will be deeply appreciated at Suncoast Hospice Foundation, 5771 Roosevelt Blvd., Clearwater, FL 33760 so that they may continue their excellent work.

Link to this information shwing a picture of her,is at http://deathnotices.michigan.com/results.php?page=1&0010...

Posted: 15 Dec 2012 7:09PM GMT
Thanks very much for this information!

Posted: 12 Mar 2013 10:42PM GMT
Edited: 13 Mar 2013 11:53AM GMT
Surnames: Louria, Rodriquez
Kevin, my name is Chris Louria, I grew up with my mom and know little of my Louria Heritage. The information given to you by the other person is correct to the best of my knowledge. Alexander Joseph Louria was my grandfather, his son Lee Louria is my Dad. He and his sister Jeanette and her family, Jeanette and Mario Rodriquez live in Allen Park Michigan. Lee Louria (my dad) last I heard works at the Texaco station at the corner of wick and telegraph, formerly a tow truck driver, he now just works a few hours every morning in the garage. Its true his sister Kathy did live in kuwait, I met her when she came home to michigan during the invasion of kuwait. I was once told that my grandfather Alexander had alot to do with the building of the Ambassador Bridge crossing over into windsor, that he was a iron girder climber, one of the best. I grew up apart of the Lourias, due to family seperation and never got to know many of them for any length of time. my father and I have attempted getting to know each other occasionally but not without a few bumps in the road, just awkwardness. If I can help or helped, hope so. Curious where you fit in the mix :) Chris Louria. living in Washington State, good luck in your inquiries

Posted: 13 Mar 2013 6:01AM GMT
Glad to be of help.

Posted: 20 Mar 2013 12:06AM GMT
Surnames: L'Heureux, Louria
Hi Chris:

Thanks for your reply concerning the family of your grandfather. I gather from your reply that you would not have any vital stats on your family nor any photographs of your grandparents & great grandparents??

Anyhow, my grandmother was a first cousin of your grandfather, Alexander J. Louria/L'Heureux. Her mother and your Grandfather's father were siblings. It has been difficult to track down many of the L'Heureux/Louria descendants in order to gather further details about the older generations.

If you are able to provide me with any further information on the family, I would really appreciate hearing back from you.

Best Wishes from a distant cousin,
Kevin.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions