Search for content in message boards

Heyliger

Posted: 30 Mar 2009 5:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: hiyliger busby
I am a descendant of Roselinda Heyliger who married into the Busby family, Not sure if she was born in St. Eustatius or on another island. i saw a comment that all Heyliger came from the same family. I would like to know how i fit in. I dont have a birth or death date for Rosalinda, i do know she had children in st eustatuis in 1795 last known child was in 1810. The Busby family at least her husband live in st.eustatius their living descendants are there, st marteen in mussenden, and carty and in Bermuda their are Busbys. If you have any information on her please post for me.

thanks

Re: Heyliger

Posted: 31 Mar 2009 2:53PM GMT
Who was her Busby husband, I am looking for my Busby ancestors, who came to St.Thomas from Statia, in the mid 1800's.
My grandmother was Rebecca Busby.

Posted: 6 Sep 2011 7:36AM GMT
An Adriana Heyliger married William Moore in 1779. William born on St Eustatius 1759. Adriana died on St Eustatius 1884.Any info on their descendants?

Posted: 7 Sep 2011 2:40AM GMT
Surnames: HEYLIGER, MOORE
Hi, Joan,
Interesting query. Without getting too involved in answering this, thought it would be good to know which sources you have already checked.
Laura

Posted: 7 Sep 2011 6:20AM GMT
Virgin Island Families, under Moore.
Joan

Posted: 7 Sep 2011 3:14PM GMT
Surnames: Heyliger, Heiliger, Moore
Joan,
There are many, many resources for you to check. Or, if you do not want to do your own research, then many others are willing to share what they have. You could contact the many people who have posted family trees on Ancestry.com with your couple on them. Search "Public Member Trees" and put "St. Croix, DWI" in the additional box. Also easy is to download the Heyliger info on Svend Holsoe's VIfamilies.org site. The Heyligers are mentioned in Hugo Ryberg's A List of the Names of Inhabitants, Danish West Indian Islands, 1650-ca 1825 viewable online at http://www.dkconsulateusvi.com/Inhabitants/Inhabitants070520.... If you can locate microfilms of wills, that may provide information on siblings and/or progeny. There is also much info on the Danish Archives web site that may lead you to other sources. I would also suggest doing an advanced search on Google Books, with "full view only" selected, for "Heyliger + Moore + Eustatius." Then use Google Translate if that returns any old sources in Danish or Dutch. Alternate spellings of the surname (Heiliger is one) will bear searching as well. Another renowned source, Westergaard's The Danish West Indies Under Company Rule, also on Google Books, points out that Peter Heiliger, who had been governor of St. Eustatius, and brothers came from St. Eustatius to St. Croix, where they had numerous plantations and held many slaves. In addition, a search of "Heyliger + Moore" turns up this book which indicates William Moore had purchased a plantation of Abraham Heyliger in 1791. This is not an indication that this William Moore is the same as yours, but it may bear further investigation. The book is at:

http://books.google.com/books?id=Q4B87YphoYcC&pg=PA73&am...

Hope this is helpful and not too overwhelming. Best wishes on your hunt.

Posted: 8 Sep 2011 4:09AM GMT
Thanks, Laura.
Your suggestions are very much appreciated.
Will keep me busy for a while!
Joan
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions