Search for content in message boards

Seeking Paul Homer Cornelius / Cornelious

Seeking Paul Homer Cornelius / Cornelious

Posted: 2 Jan 2013 4:14AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cornelius
Seeking obituary for Paul Homer Cornelius / Cornelious who died 3 Apr 1970 in Grosse Pointe, Wayne, Michigan.

Thanks,
Gerald

Re: Seeking Paul Homer Cornelius / Cornelious

Posted: 2 Jan 2013 10:06PM GMT
Edited: 3 Jan 2013 12:22PM GMT
The Grosse Pointe Library has obits from the Grosse Pointe newspapers on their website. http://www.gp.lib.mi.us/obitindex/body.html I didn't find a Cornelius in 1970.

Posted: 3 Jan 2013 1:33AM GMT
Edited: 3 Jan 2013 12:22PM GMT
There is a Homer P Cornelius on the California Death Index who died April 3, 1970. Date of birth is 8/10/1892. Born in Illinois.

Where did you get the information about his DOD and place of death?

Posted: 3 Jan 2013 3:04AM GMT
Edited: 3 Jan 2013 3:04AM GMT
I got it from his niece.

Posted: 3 Jan 2013 7:17PM GMT
Try the following:

Henry Ford Centennial Library (313) 943-2330, 16301 Michigan Avenue, Dearborn, Mi 48126. http://www.dearborn.lib.mi.us/default.htm

Has the Detroit News from 1955 and the Detroit Free Press from 1970. To request a lookup for death notice/obituary, send SASE to above address Attention: Adult Services. They will not respond without the self-addressed stamped envelope. This is their policy as of December 2008.

If they don't have it, I would find out more from the niece. Does she know this from personal knowledge-visited him prior to his death in GP. He could have had his SS check sent to Michigan but actually lived somewhere else and had a family member taking care of expenses. Do you have his date of birth and birth place? Was he married? Have you found him on any censuses? Looking at Ancestry, I didn't really find much for someone with his name here in MI.

Posted: 4 Jan 2013 4:17AM GMT
His niece has passed. I think he was married. I don't know her name. I think the California Paul and the Michigan Paul are the same person. The reason I looked at Michigan was because of his niece. So I am not sure where he really died.

Thanks for all your help.
Jerry
per page

Find a board about a specific topic