Search for content in message boards

McKenna Family in Detroit

McKenna Family in Detroit

Posted: 10 Jan 2013 11:30PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 11 Jan 2013 3:30PM GMT
Surnames: McKenna, Fitzgerald
I am trying to find out what happened to Ann Fitzgerald McKenna. She was married to James McKenna who died in 1854 in Detroit. Ann was born in 1808 in Ireland. All their children were born in Canada.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Kathy O'Leary

Re: McKenna Family in Detroit

Posted: 11 Jan 2013 1:32AM GMT
If you could not find her in the censuses, maybe she remarried. If Catholic, the Archdiocese of Detroit records are on microfilm at the Burton Historical Collection (BHC) of the main Detroit Public Library. You have to research in person or hire a researcher, although I was told at one time that the staff would do some research for a fee. I did not verify that, though.

http://www.detroit.lib.mi.us/featuredcollection/burton-histo...

Do you know where James is buried? Have tried to see if she is buried there also? Did all of her children live in the US? Have you checked all the censuses for them to see if she might be living with one of her children?

Try the Irish Society of Michigan-maybe they can help.

http://miigsm.org/

Posted: 27 Jan 2013 4:40AM GMT
Edited: 27 Jan 2013 2:46PM GMT
Surnames: McKenna
There is a James McKenna and Anna B. McKenna both buried in Mt. Olivet Cemetery, Section 16, Lot 104, Spaces 8 and 9. Perhaps it is your couple and the cemetery might have additional information. Unfortunately, the web site online does not give the death dates on these two.

Also buried with them is James A. McKenna in space 5.

Hope this helps.

Posted: 27 Jan 2013 9:17PM GMT
Hi: Thank you so much. It is possible that this Anna could be my grandmother. Thanks you so much.
Kathy O'Leary
per page

Find a board about a specific topic