Search for content in message boards

NASH

Posted: 26 Jan 2013 1:31AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Jan 2013 1:54PM GMT
Surnames: Nash, Ellsworth
Would like to make a connection with anyone who may have information regarding Katie Ella (Ellsworth) Nash or her son Earl N.Nash. They lived in one of the suburbs on the north side of Detroit. Earl may have been a lawyer or possibly a judge.
I believe Katie's father was Paul Ellsworth, but I would like to find some one who can confirm this.
Thank you
Posted: 26 Jan 2013 4:49PM GMT

I’m not related to any member of this family.

1940 is the last available census at this time.
Posted: 27 Jan 2013 2:31AM GMT
What time frame are you looking at? Can you supply a range of years?

Thanks!
Posted: 27 Jan 2013 8:07AM GMT
Edited: 27 Jan 2013 2:17PM GMT
I found Kate and her son in several census married to Benjamin Nash as far back as 1900. In the 1940 census, Earl lived in Ferndale, Oakland Co, Michigan.
My intent is to contact some one in the Nash family who may have information regarding Kate's maiden name. A letter written to my mother from Earl Nash in 1960 leads me to believe Kate's maiden name was Ellsworth, but I would like to have it confirmed. My grandfather's name was Frank Ellsworth (b. 1880 in Mi., d. 1921 in Ky.). According to the letter, he may have been Kate's brother. I can find no census record for Frank and none for Kate prior to 1900.
Posted: 27 Jan 2013 1:31PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jan 2013 2:20PM GMT
Did see Kate's marriage to Ben Nash but using Hattie Ellsworth for some reason. Either she went by Hattie then or the guy recording it got it wrong. The census does say the right amount of yrs married so i believe Hattie and Katie are one in the same
Posted: 27 Jan 2013 1:34PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jan 2013 2:21PM GMT
Surnames: Nash
Also seen a child named Paul E Nash born 5 Dec 1886 to Ben and Kate but never see him again in any records so maybe he passed?
Posted: 27 Jan 2013 9:09PM GMT
Edited: 28 Jan 2013 1:52PM GMT
I have searched this ancestry data base by every method I can think of, but found no Ben Nash and Hattie Ellsworth. Can you tell me how or what you did to find the record? Your assistance is very much appreciated.
Posted: 27 Jan 2013 10:20PM GMT
The person found it at www.familysearch.org It's a free site.

Terry Bora
Posted: 28 Jan 2013 10:35AM GMT
Thank you Terry for answering the question for me. That is where it's at, Family Search
Posted: 29 Jan 2013 4:40AM GMT
Thanks folks for taking the time to help me. Worst luck, the marriage record did not give the name Kate's or Hattie's parents, so I'm still looking.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions