Search for content in message boards

Sampson family

Sampson family

Posted: 5 Feb 2013 10:44AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Sampson
I am searching for more inforation on Frank SAMPSON. He arrived in 1922 from England and married a Louise. Their daughter Jeanne M Sampson was born in 1927 in Ohio but on the 1930 census they are in Detroit, Wayne, Michigan. I can't find them in 1940 or indeed any other information.

Frank Sampson born 1897 Sutton Coldfield Warwickshire
Louise ? born 1900 England
Jeanne M born 1927 Ohio

Can anyone help?

Helena
England

Re: Sampson family

Posted: 6 Feb 2013 10:41PM GMT
I’m not related to any member of this family.

1940 is the last available census at this time.

Did they go to Canada or back to ENG????

Jeanne M. may have died as an infant.

Posted: 7 Feb 2013 9:12AM GMT
I can find no record of them in the UK registration indexes and I have searched Ancestry as I have world wide subscription

Posted: 7 Feb 2013 11:56PM GMT
Edited: 8 Feb 2013 1:58PM GMT
Surnames: Milford, Sampson, Rice
I did some digging. I am not related, I just needed a diversion from my own stumbling blocks.

It appears that Frank, Louisa & Jeanne all ended up in Devon, England later in 1930 and remained there.

Louisa & Jeanne arrived in UK on 2 Jul 1930, ship Majestic. Going to "Crest Hill, Buckfastleigh, Devon." Frank arrived in London, Sep 1930, ship Lancastria, going to same address.

Jeanne married William J Milford in 1951. I found death records for Louisa (d 1977) and Jeanne (d 1999), and possibly Frank.

Other info: Louisa is Louisa Rose Rice b 1900 Buckfastleigh, parents James & Mary Louisa. Louisa Rose Rice arrived in the U.S. 24 Jul 1925, ship Aquitania, going to "friend, Mr. S.P. Sampson, 431 S. Maple St, Akron."

Jeanne Marie Sampson - born 24 Feb 1927 Ohio, father Frank.

Hope that helps.

Posted: 8 Feb 2013 9:52AM GMT
Thank you very much! I stupidly thought that they stayed in USA as other members of the family didn't know anything. I have found Jeannes children and grandchildren in the records.

Thank you once again
per page

Find a board about a specific topic