Search for content in message boards

Stephen Fenner

Stephen Fenner

Posted: 15 Jul 2007 3:49PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Fenner
I'd like to request a look up for the following person:
Stephen Fenner 1754-1853 b Cranston RI, d New York.
His wife, Mary Fenner 1768-1850, was his 3rd cousin so this would be her married and maiden name. She was b.Providence RI
Thanks for any help,
Tony

Re: Stephen Fenner

Posted: 15 Jul 2007 10:38PM GMT

Tony,

Our DAR Website is down this afternoon, but I looked in our 3 vol. PI and found the following listing:

FENNER, Stephen: b --- RI, d 10-22-1823 NY
m Mary Fenner

I will try to get you more info when our site is back up. What child of Stephen's do you descend through. I can see if there have been applications filed through your child.

If you are interested in SAR membership for yourself or DAR membership for a female relative, please send directly to me (dvogt122@aol.com) full name, address & phone number so I can have someone from a chapter near your home contact you to invite you to membership. Each chapter has members who assist prospective members in documenting their lineage.

You can send for a DAR Record Copy (copy of someone's DAR application) using this patriot to join DAR for $10. Make check payable to the Treasurer General, NSDAR, & send (along with info given above, plus name of child descended through) to DAR Library, Library Copy Services, 1776 D St. NW, Washington, DC 20006-5303. One request per envelope. It takes a few weeks to receive copy.

Thank you for using our Patriot Lookup Service.

Sincerely,
Darlene Vogt, DAR Patriot Lookup Volunteer

This is a free lookup service provided by DAR volunteers on the DAR message board

Posted: 15 Jul 2007 11:48PM GMT
Darlene,

I inadvertently gave you the wrong death date but you still found the correct Stephen Fenner, thanks.

I would be interested in the line through Isaac if anyone has applied through him.

Thanks again Darlene for your help,
Tony

Posted: 16 Jul 2007 2:20PM GMT
Tony,

Further info on Stephen Fenner, Patriot:

He was a Pvt. from RI & served under Col. Benjamin Arnold.

There have been 4 DAR applications filed on him (all very old) & only through his sons, Philip Arnold Fenner/Sally Potter & Edward Fenner/Esther Knight. No one has joined DAR using son, Issac.

Thanks again for using our DAR Patriot Lookup Service, a free lookup service provided by DAR volunteers on the DAR message board.

Sincerely,
Darlene Vogt, DAR Patriot Lookup Volunteer

Posted: 14 Apr 2013 1:23PM GMT
My Great, great, great Grandfather was Isaac Fenner. How do I go about applying for DAR membership?
Susan Fenner Latshaw

Re: Isaac Fenner

Posted: 15 Apr 2013 2:15PM GMT
Susan,

Isaac Fenner is not listed in our DAR Patriot Database. This does not mean he did not serve in some capacity during the Rev. War, only that no one has applied for DAR membership using him/or his service.

You can go to: www.dar.org
Click on "Membership"
There is a form you can click on to contact DAR & they will have someone from a chapter near your home contact you about becoming a DAR member.

Gook Luck with your searching.
Darlene Vogt
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions