Search for content in message boards

Obituaries - Columbus Dispatch- Ross

Obituaries - Columbus Dispatch- Ross

Posted: 12 Apr 2013 9:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ross
I'm looking for someone who can access the "Columbus Dispatch" obituary archives. I'm not a resident of Ohio so can't get a Columbus Metropolitan Library card to use to request the obituaries. My local library will not do interlibary loan requests for obituaries. The obituaries I need to complete a missing Ross family line are:
Rev. Frederick Ross, "Columbus Dispatch" Tues, Mar 16, 1943, page 8A;
Donald Ross, "Columbus Dispatch" Mon, Nov 8, 1971, page 24A;
Evelyn Ross, "Columbus Dispatch" Sun, Feb 19, 1984, page 5C;
Mary (Freeman) Ross, "Columbus Dispatch" Sat, Sept 27, 1997, page 9C or Sept 28, 1997, page 3C.

Any help greatly appreciated, and any copying costs will be reimbursed.
Lucille Campbell

Re: Obituaries - Columbus Dispatch- Ross

Posted: 2 May 2013 1:42PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Edited: 2 May 2013 1:53PM GMT
Surnames: Ross; Metzger; Palmer
The Columbus Dispatch 27 September, 1997

Mary Freeman Ross, age 94, died at Riverside Methodist Hospital on September 25, 1997. Preceded in death by husband Donald M. Ross and sister Eleanor Metzger. Survived by niece, Ellen (Richard) Palmer. Mary enjoyed a 47 year career in the field of law enforcement with the Buckeye State Sheriff's Association, the Ohio Chiefs of Police, and the Ohio Attorney General. She was a corporate representative of the National Sheriff's Association. Service will be held Monday, September 29, 1997, 11 a.m. at the WEIR-AREND FUNERAL HOME, 4221 N. High St. (3 blocks south of Henderson Rd.), where friends may call 1 hour prior to service. Rev. Richard I. Ward officiating. Interment Union Cemetery.

Re: Obituaries - Columbus Dispatch- Ross

Posted: 6 May 2013 1:45AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ross, Freeman
Thank you so much for the Mary (Freeman) Ross obituary. It seems to prove that she was the wife of Donald M. Ross who was a descendant of my ggg-grandfather Alexander Ross. There are no children mentioned in this obituary which leads me to think that Donald was yet another Ross who was childless. I haven't found a single living male Ross descendant from Alexander. There are females, but no one to carry the Ross surname.
I appreciate your help.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic