Search for content in message boards

BULLEN and POOL in ROWAN

BULLEN and POOL in ROWAN

Posted: 29 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 8:19PM GMT
Surnames: BULLEN, BOLIN, BULLARD, POOL, POOLE, PACE
Please reply directly to my e-mail address as I am leaving AOL today. Thanks.

bapace2@juno.com

BULLEN and POOL in ROWAN

Posted: 29 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 8:19PM GMT
Surnames: BULLEN, BOLIN, BULLARD, POOL, POOLE, PACE
My gggrandfather was DAVID POOL (b.around 1810) who married ANGELINE BOLEN/BULLEN/BULLARD (spelling on various census documents). She was born in 1824, probably in Rowan Co. Among their children was my ggrandfather CLAYTON W. POOL(E), b. 1848 in Salisbury, Rowan.

ANGELINE is probably descended somehow from the Conrad BULLEN who was an early German settler in Rowan County. His sons were shown in the 1790 Rowan Federal census: George, John, and Phillip BULLEN.

I am anxious to find the father of Angeline in order to make the tie to Conrad Bullen, and would be willing to share what information I have on this family and on the early Pools, all said to be descended from Jacob Pool (Van Pool) of early Rowan history.

Poole, Van Poole of Rowan Co. NC

John W. Kimball (View posts)
Posted: 31 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Poole, Van Poole

I am a decendant of Jacob Van Poole of Rowan County through my maternal grandmother, Elizabeth Van Poole Beaver. My cousin Eleanor Van Poole Vincent of Denver Colorado has done an exhaustive genealogy back to Jacob. I have a copy at home in Salisbury. Might it be of any help to you?

Van Pool of Rowan Co, NC

Posted: 11 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 10:30PM GMT
Surnames: VAN POOL, HAMPTON, COZINE, BROWN
I am descended from 1Jacob VAN POOL m Amy COZINE>2Jacob VAN POOL m Elizabeth HAMPTON?>3Henry POOL b 1768 Rowan Co d 1824 Christian Co, KY m Margaret "Peggy" Brown b 1772 Rowan Co d 1844 Christian Co, KY. Interested in sharing information if this is your family.

Jacob Van Poole

John Kimball (View posts)
Posted: 14 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Van Poole

Van Poole Rowan County, NC

Dear Honore,

What type of information about Jacob Van Poole are you interested in? I was born in Salisbury and am a ggrandson of Dr. Chalmers M. Van Poole of Rowan County and Salisbury. Would be glad to hear from you.

Where do you live? I have heard from a number of Jacob's decendants since December.

John Kimball

Van Poole

Posted: 7 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 30 Sep 2002 2:46AM GMT
Surnames: Van Poole, Cozine
For those who may not know, the late James R. Poole has written a wonderful book concerning Jacob Van Poole of Rowan County, NC. It is "Our Pool-Poole-Van Poole Heritage: (Pool, Poole, Vanpool, Vanpoole, Van Pool, Van Poole)," 1978. Last year there were still some books available from James' grandson, Tony Hessom, 14722 Dash Way, Poway, CA 92064-2914.

Mary Fern (Vanpool) Souder

Desendants of Jacob Van Pool (e)

Robyn McKenzie (View posts)
Posted: 7 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: VanPool Reece Shaughnessy
Looking for more information on desendants of George Henry VanPool, m. Virginia Lou Payne, Feb. 14,1899.
Daughter Rosa Lee VanPool, married twice, had 3 children with first husband (unknown).
Rosa m. Hugh Reece,April 7, 1914

The son of Hugh and Rosa Lee Reece, Hugh Dale Reece, married my husbands, grandmother, Grace Shaughnessay (living)
I have some dates and names but am looking for more specifics if anyone has any.
Will share information.
Thank You

Jacob VanPool

Posted: 15 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 May 2004 3:25AM GMT
Surnames: VanPool Barger Lewis Shaughnessy
Honore',
This is the same line as I am working on, I have a little bit more information that you may be interested in. I do not have it in GEDCOM file yet but hope to soon.
Do you have any other information on John brother of Henry? This is the line that I am working on.
Thanks in advance,
Robyn McKenzie

George Henry VanPool

Posted: 15 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 10:30PM GMT
Surnames: VanPool, Lewis, Payne
Robyn,

The only George Henry VAN POOL, I found in the book by James R. Poole was b 1814 d 1888 m 1841 to Sarah LEWIS. This George Henry was son of David and Peggy (BERGER) VAN POOL.

George and Sarah VanPool

Robyn McKenzie (View posts)
Posted: 21 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: VanPool Lewis Berger
Honore'
The information you listed is a part of this family tree. How extensive is the information you have on George Henry, Sarah Lewis, David VanPool and Peggy Berger (Barger)?
I would love to have a copy for my records.
You can email me if you like at the posted email address or at UR2ABGRM@aol.com
Thank You Again
Robyn
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions