Search for content in message boards

Rebecca Robertson (b:1760 Orange Co, NC)

Rebecca Robertson (b:1760 Orange Co, NC)

Key Gresham-Blab (View posts)
Posted: 25 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Robertson, Gwynn
Seeking and willing to share information on Rebecca Robertson, who was born 1760 in Orange Co, NC. She was married to Ransom Gwynn (date unknown). Rebecca was the daughter of John Robertson (b:1730) and her siblings were:
Hugh, Andrew, Margaret and Eleanor. Rebecca died 1848 in Wilson Co, TN.

ROBERTSON/GWYNN

Posted: 24 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 4:40PM GMT
Surnames: ROBERTSON, GWYNN, WILSON, JOHNSON
Dear Cousin:
I have your acnestor's line at my fingertips this morning, and a great deal of information on her collateral relatives in the Wilson, Robertson, Etherly and Gwynn families.
Rebecca's father is John Robertson (d. 1800 Orange Co., NC) who was a trustee of Haw River Meeting (Presbyterian) just across the Orange/Rockingham County line from his farm in orange County. He married (1) Margaret, who died before 1771 and (2) Mary by which he had no children. He is a revolutionary war patriot (DAR 619967 submitted by Betty Lawrence 1986). John's children are:
1. Hugh (b. ca 1750 d. 1805 Wilson County, TN also a rev. War veteran listed in DAR patriot's list)
2. Andrew (b. ca 1754 d. 1837 Clay County MO) probably also a revolutionary war veteran but not confirmed.
3. Margaret (b. ca. 1755-56 d. bef 1828 in Wilson County, TN) m. Andrew Wilson of Guilford County 1774. This is my line
4. Eleanor (b. ca 1756-57 d. aft 1810 Wilson County, TN0 m. Alexander Johnson
5. Rebecca (b. ca 177757-1758 in Orange Co., NC d. 1848 Suggs Creek, Wilson County, TN) If you do not have all of Rebecca's children let me know--I have them from Suggs Creek Church records.
Hope this helps you. I am searching for John Robertson's parents(I believe that his first wife was Margaret Logue, b. ca. 1745 Chester Co., PA but cannot confirm this as yet)
and have about three generations of Robertsons from John down to the end of the 19th Century. Still working on Clay County Robertson families.
E-mailme back

Re: ROBERTSON/GWYNN

Posted: 3 Jul 2005 7:40PM GMT
I am researching Andrew Robertson, born ca 1793 in NC or
VA and am hoping that he might be the son of one of the
Robertson brothers that you mentioned in your posting. My
Andrew married a Frances ________ and had a daughter named Frances E. Frances E. was born 22 Mar 1830 in
TN. She eventually married a man named Ahart, then
Ezekial Rowden in Cedar Co., MO. Frances died after
April, 1880 in Parker Co., Texas. Could this be a part of
your line? I would appreciate any info that you might have.
Thank you. Sharon Tucker

Posted: 10 Dec 2005 4:29PM GMT
Surnames: Ahart, Rowden, Allmon
Sharon,

Frances E. Robertson Ahart Rowden is my 3rd great grandmother. Her daughter Sarah E. Ahart Allmon is my line.

In 1900 Frances Rowden is living alone in the Reno Post Office area of Parker County, Texas. She said she had 9 children with 7 living.

In 1910, she is living with her son and his family...James Stewart Rowden...in Precinct 2 of Parker County. So, she was alive as of April 22, 1910.

Several years ago I asked Ash Creek Cemetery in Azle, Parker County, if she is buried next to her last husband Ezekiel Rowden but with no stone. The Cemetery records do not show her at all. However, there is a sizable vacant space next to Ezekiel's grave....and her son James Stewart Rowden and wife and several children (who died young) are all buried across the path from Ezekiel.

Would love to share information.
Carol

Posted: 21 Dec 2005 2:40PM GMT
Carol, thanks so much for your reply. I think that we have "corresponded" before and I appreciate all the hard work that you have put into this line. This is my husband's line. I will e-mail you after Christmas/New Year's if that is okay. As I am sure you understand,
I am not concentrating on genealogy this week(s).
Have a wonderful Christmas - Sharon Tucker

Re: ROBERTSON/ROWDEN

Posted: 26 Jul 2006 12:21AM GMT
Surnames: Robertson, Rowden, Ahart
Has anyone requested a death certificate for Francis (Robertson) Ahart Rowden?

Carol (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jul 2006 12:29AM GMT
Surnames: Ahart, Allmon, Robertson, Rowden, Ansley
Retta,

I requested one from the Texas State Archives about five years ago and was told there wasn't one. Do you have another source?

Thanks,
Carol

Retta (View posts)
Posted: 5 Aug 2006 8:30PM GMT
Surnames: Rowden, Robertson, Ahart
I checked the Texas Death Certificates on microfilm at the library today. I tried various spellings but did not find Frances Rowden. Perhaps the county records would have her death recorded.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic