Search for content in message boards

Harrington

Harrington

Posted: 6 Jan 2002 8:28PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 1 Mar 2002 5:51PM GMT
Surnames: Harrington Rhoads Swinger
Who was W.J Harrington residing in Dane Co in 1864 and was a witness on Alma D>Rhoads Swinger's application for CW Widow'a pension? Alma's mother was Mary A.Harringtom b 1826 Otswego Co NY & married Ransom Rhoads ca 11844 NY.

Re: Harrington

wald_r (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jan 2002 5:26AM GMT
Edited: 31 Mar 2002 3:10PM GMT
Surnames: Morey, Mory, Harrington, Herrington, Baird, Beard, Hicks, Ripley
That's a good question, I'd also like to know the answer to. Please let me know if you hear.

I've been researching Harringtons / Herringtons of Dane county, Wisconsin, and / or Crawford county, Pennsylvania. My ggg-grandfather was William Harrington Morey, son of Stephen Morey and Catherine (?don't know surname). He married 1st Abigail Baird (daughter of Chester Baird / Beard), and 2nd Hannah Hicks (daughter of Daniel and Almira (Ripley) Hicks).

There were both Harringtons and Herringtons in Crawford County, and also Bairds / Beards. Haven't found much on Harringtons / Herringtons in Dane county, yet . . . but still looking.

You never know where that next clue will lead!
Posted: 8 Feb 2002 7:26AM GMT
by your message i'm not sure what Harrington's in Wisconsin that you are looking for. If your looking for Harrington's from the New York and Rhode Island area that came to Wisconsin I would be glad to help. Let me know.
sincerly,Todd

Posted: 9 Feb 2002 8:22PM GMT
Edited: 1 Mar 2002 5:51PM GMT
I have found my Harrington's in Otsego NY and traced Mary Harrington (1826-1904) toDodge,Jackson & Trempealeau Co's WI.She married Ransom A.Rhoads NY 1844.I found them on 1860 Dodge Co Census.I need to know if any of her brothers Steven,Isaac,Wm or James also migrated to WI or any of her other relatives. I have NOT traced Mary's parents Daniel & Polly Mary Aylesworthback to RI.Thanks for any help.
Irene

Bill Hantke (View posts)
Posted: 9 Dec 2002 5:19PM GMT
I have some information on both Herrington & Harrington families that lived near Edgerton, Wisconsin (just over Dane County line) that I could share with you.

Hicks/Ripley/Dean

Connie Hicks Mazerov (View posts)
Posted: 14 Sep 2006 1:55AM GMT
Surnames: Hicks/Ripley/Dean
My line of Hicks come from Daniel Lorenzo Hicks and Almira Ripley, then Martin Luther Hicks and Clarissa Dean. I would love to trade family information with you.

Re: Hicks/Ripley/Dean

Posted: 24 Sep 2006 10:07PM GMT
Would you happen to know who Clarissa Dean's parents were? I am searching for my Dean family in Wisconsin.
Thank you.

Re: Hicks/Ripley/Dean

Connie Hicks Mazerov (View posts)
Posted: 24 Sep 2006 10:53PM GMT
Surnames: Hicks/Ripley/Dean
Clarissa Ann Dean was born Feb 10, 1827 in Welland Co., Ontario and died Feb 12, 1881 in Mindoro, WI. She was married to Martin Luther Hicks in Cooks Mill, Ontario. Her father was John Dean who was born in 1801 in Orange, NY and died in Port Burwell, Elgin Co., Ontario and her mother was Hulda Skinner who was born JMay 30, 1805 Orange, NY and died in Port Burwell, Elgin Co., Ontario.

Do you have any connection to this family group?

Connie

Posted: 4 Jun 2010 5:19AM GMT
Howdy!

You still around?

Didn't see this post, but absolutely very interested in knowing about any Harringtons that came from NY/RI area into Dane County, WI area - or, where ever in WI.

Leeds are leeds, and time isn't any shorter is it?

Appreciate any info, should you be able yet to respond.

- Shannon

Posted: 4 Jun 2010 1:12PM GMT
Surnames: Harrington Higgins in Dane County, WI
I have a Phoebe Harrington in Dane County, WI that married James Martin Higgins. They are buried in Madison, WI at Resurrection cemetery.

My great great aunt was Bridget Roach b. 1844 who married Patrick C Higgins. They are buried in the same plot.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic