Search for content in message boards

SALAMEY, NASSER, FARRIS, MITCHELL, THOMAS

SALAMEY, NASSER, FARRIS, MITCHELL, THOMAS

Muriel Lian Call (View posts)
Posted: 14 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Salamey, Nasser, Farris, Mitchell, Thomas
I am looking for information on the village of Monsif.I believe my gg-grandfather Michael John Salamey was born there and later moved to Beirut and then immigrated to the United States when he was 12.All I know about Monsif is that it is a village on a hill of Mt. Lebanon.It is possible that I still have family living there or elsewhere in Lebanon and,if so, I would like to get in touch with them.Some other families who immigrated with Salamey were Farris, Mitchell, Thomas, and Nasser.Any help is greatly appreciated.
Muriel Lian Call
Posted: 6 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 2 Jul 2004 5:25PM GMT
Surnames: Nasser
I have friends from the Nasser family that came over from the Lebanon decades ago and then returned and then came back to the US 15-18 years ago. I can get in touch and ask them if they know the family if you's like. Norma

Mitchell... ¿Micher?

Claudia Micher (View posts)
Posted: 18 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: MICHER
I'm starting a research on both Mexico and Lebanon, because my great grandfather came from Lebanon to Torreón, Coahuila. I know that the surname MICHER is an adaptation of an *original* surname, which I ignore. Think there might be a posibility of being the same group of people? I'll keep in touch, just in case...

Farris from Lebanon

Suzi Cardosi (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Farris, Gregory, Blair
My paternal Great Grandfather, George Farris, emigrated from Lebanon to PA. His name is somehow pronounced Le-eslie-hood. We have no idea how to spell. Anyway, he had a family in PA, and then moved to KY and was an optometrist for the coal miners. He married my Great Grandmother LuAnna Gregory in 1900 and settled in London, KY. We believe he had a family in Lebanon and have a picture of him in some sort of uniform. According to my dad's cousin, he was a palace guard in Lebanon. I'm waiting for my Grandmother to give me her niece address in PA for more info. If helpful, let me know. I'm very interested in this side of my geneaology. I have so little. Thanks,
Suzi Cardosi siouxsiec@fuse.net

Farris

Corey (View posts)
Posted: 14 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Farris
My mother's father's father immagrated here from Aitha, Lebanon. His name was Harvey Farris. I don't know if you are talking about these Farris', but if you are.....well, now you have some help!

Re: SALAMEY, NASSER, FARRIS, MITCHELL, THOMAS

joe (View posts)
Posted: 17 Sep 2001 4:42AM GMT
Hi there, i just saw your message. I went to school at Monsif, and now I am currenlty living in Sydney- Australia. I ahve many friends form Monsif and who reside there..they might be able to help you.
My best friend is from Monsif,a nd her name is Maysoon her e-mail is: mnaaman@hotmail.com

hope that would help you!

Re: Farris from Lebanon

Jenn (View posts)
Posted: 22 Mar 2002 4:08AM GMT
Surnames: Mitchell, Mitledge, Union
My great grandfather emigrated to canada from lebanon and my grandfather moved to PA. their sur name is Union, Mitchell,Or Mitledge. Contact me to Share info!
Jenn

Suzi Cardosi (View posts)
Posted: 8 Apr 2002 10:31PM GMT
Hi Jenn,
I have very little info. myself. My Granny, however, still has some nieces in PA. Their mother was my Grandmother's half sister who arrived with her Father direct from Lebanon. Perhaps they will have some info.? I would contact my Grandmother, but she is in Florida w/ out a telephone. She'll be home in a month or so and I will get more info.
Thanks,
Suzi Cardosi

Jenn (View posts)
Posted: 11 Apr 2002 1:07AM GMT
hey suzi,
thanx 4 replyin 2 my message...if u get any info please shar with me hanx!
jenn

Posted: 22 Dec 2003 5:35PM GMT
hi suzi,
i read your message, along with a few other messages. could you please email me at ckowkabany@netzero.net.? MAYBE we can help each other. happy holidays. claudia
per page

Find a board about a specific topic