Search for content in message boards

Wilkinson Norton Hardy Labrash Aitkinson Lund, Allen Family of Leduc

Wilkinson Norton Hardy Labrash Aitkinson Lund, Allen Family of Leduc

Posted: 30 Oct 2008 7:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Wilkinson, Norton, Hardy, Labrash, Aitkinson, Lund, Allen
I am searching fo rthe Descendants of Robert(Herbert) Wilkinson. Robert Wilkinson is buried in Leduc Cemetery. He Died 1905. He immigrated to Leduc Alberta from Palermo district of Hamilton Ontario, and settled three miles north west of Leduc. His brother William WIlkinson immigrated later to the Ft. Saskatchewan ditrict around Partridge Hills, and later into Edmonton City. I have lost track of the Wilkinson Family. The Leduc local history book states that the Wilkinsons were in leduc 1943 (when Louisa Wilkinson Norton) passed away.At that time they had been in the district for 63 years. Alice Maud Wilkinson (Robert Wilkinsons Daughter married Gus(sidney Augustus) Hardy in Edmonton and made their Home in Leduc. My Grandmother Isabel Hardy was born in Leduc in 1910. Maud Wilkinson and Gus Hardy are my G grandparents and Robert Wilkinson and Louisa Norton are my GG Grandparents. I am looking for anyone living that may have further information on Wilkinson Family.The nine Children of Robert Wilkinson and Louisa Norton Wilkinson are as follows:
#1 William Wilkinson married Sarah Aitkinson
#2 Dilbert Wilkinson married Lily Lund
#3 Clara Wilkinson married James Philip Labrash
#4 Alice Maud Wilkinson married Sidney Augustus Hardy(GUS Hardy)
#5 Edmund Wilkinson married Dorothy Wood
#6 Norman Wilkinson married Jean Allen
#7 George Wilkinson
#8 Unknown WIlkinson
#9 Unknown Wilkinson

I have made contact with someone who has information on the Wilkinson Norton families that stayed behind in Ontario. Robert Wilkinson died in Leduc 1905 and is buried there along with Louisa Norton Wilkinson. I used to live in Edmonton but recently moved out of province. Perhpas there is someone out there that has a trascription of the Leduc Cemetery, or a picutre. Or Even information on the rest of my displaced family.
Thanks
Cathy

Re: Wilkinson Norton Hardy Labrash Aitkinson Lund, Allen Family of Leduc

Posted: 31 Oct 2008 5:22PM GMT
The Master Surname Index (not online) (mostly burials in Alberta cemeteries) of the Alberta Genealogical Society lists 6 Wilkinson and 2 Hardy names in the at Leduc Cemetery AGS publication # 1712.

You can order a transcription or for further research please contact the AGS Research Services Committee of the Edmonton Branch,
http://abgensoc.ca/

Or I could send you the names you wish to know about,
or you can find some of the phone numbers, Canada Online Phone
http://canada411.sympatico.ca/
or http://www.canada411.ca/

Peter

Posted: 31 Oct 2008 9:17PM GMT
Edited: 10 Mar 2009 3:07PM GMT
Surnames: Wilkinson, Hardy
Hello Peter Thanks for the prompt reply. Well Robert Wilkinson(My GGG Grandfather) died in 1905
The Other wikinsons would be Most likely be of the following names depending on who stayed and who Moved away.
I think Norman Wilkinson ended up taking care of Maud in Vancouver before she died, so I would be surpised to see him in Leduc, but you never know.
Dilbert Wilkinson, Edmond Wilkinson,Dorothy(wood)Wilkinson, Sarah(Aitkinson) Wilkinson, Lillian(Lund)Wilkinson. The Hardy names would be Frank Hardy or most likely Fred Hardy. Its difficult to determine just where everybody ended up. Alice MaudNorton)Wilkison ended up in Vancouver when she passed away. So the family is quite scattered from Ontario to B.C.
Thanks for your efforts, anything you can tell me would be Fantastic.
Cathy Kerrigan

Posted: 1 Nov 2008 12:27AM GMT
Cathy,

Here are those from the Leduc cemetery.

Robert WILKINSON, 1836 - 18 Feb 1905 age 67yrs 11mos
Louisa Ann 1899 - 12 Mar 1940, both on the same headstone.

Norman Robert WILKINSON, 1894 - 26 Jun 1993
Jean WILKINSON, (cremation) 1908 - 26 Jun 1993 (not sure why the same date, may be a typo) both on the same headstone.

Delbert Wallis WILKINSON, 1875 - 29 Aug 1938
Lorne Edmond Norman WILKINSON, 1918 - 3 Nov 1973 both buried next to each other.

Ann Elise HARDY, - 27 May 1913
Robert Campbell HARDY, 21 Jul 1883 - 11 Feb 1913 buried next to each other.
All in the Leduc cemetery.

Then
Dorothy Clara WILKINSON, - 11 Aug 1993, wife of Edmond, from the Athabasca news paper.

Then
Francis (Frank) Leonard HARDY, 1877 - 14 Dec 1932
Catherine HARDY, 1877 - 1941
Cecil Leonard HARDY, 17 Mar 1928 age 26yrs H/O Helen
Kathleen 20 Jul 1928 - 9 Jul 1972
all names on the same headstone in the Edmonton 7 ave cemetery.

Here is the BC Archives,
http://www.bcarchives.gov.bc.ca/textual/governmt/vstats/v_ev...

Peter

Posted: 1 Nov 2008 2:08AM GMT
Surnames: Re: Wilkinson Norton Hardy Labrash Aitkinson Lund, Allen Family of Leduc
Thank you so very much!!!!. Are you related to this Family?
Cathy

Posted: 3 Nov 2008 3:32PM GMT
Sorry, not related, only a volunteer that transcribed a lot of cemeteries.

That book 'From Frontier Days in Leduc' was printed in 1956, so have a lot of catching up to do.

Peter

Posted: 3 Nov 2008 4:03PM GMT
Thank you again for your help! you have been most Wonderful. I have connected with some lost family memebers from Ontario. Should anyone request these people again please feel free to let them know about me. I have alot of Relatives on both sides of my Family throughout Alberta and British Columbia.
Cathy

Posted: 22 Feb 2009 4:45AM GMT
Surnames: Labrash MacDonald Wilkenson
I am related to James Philip Labrash the husband of Clara Wilkenson. He is my g-g-grandmother's brother. I see Clara's death date as 31 Oct 1937 in California. She evidently followed 3 of her children ( Maud, George, and Hiram) there, after James death. A family member of Hiram's branch had posted information on One World Tree about 2 years ago, but I dont see it there tonight. Hirams wife was Carmen Asensio.
I am interested in the Labrash clan in Saskatchewan.Do you know where James mother, Hannah Reynolds Labrash (1914 near Saskatoon) is buried?
PMcD

Posted: 24 Feb 2009 4:42PM GMT
Hello, I live in Saskatoon now and did a basic search on the Labrash clan, all I can come up with is some recent burials of Labrash family members happening in the Woodlawn cemetery. The Nutana Pioneer cemetery has about 50 unknown burials there. Hillcrest cemetery is only about 2000 yards from where I live and I will check again there in when the snow is gone. i have Justus Labrash dying in about1888 in Ontario. Our Roots canadas history books on line has a bit of information on Justus and Hannah, however nothing that lead me think they left Ontario. I have been in Contact with a Norton family member who is also a Wilkinson relation. He has a lot of information (not online) on that family and might have something further on the Labrash Family. My G Grandmother was Alice Maude Wilkinson, Clara Elizabeth would be her sister. I have done alot on the extended families however would love to know more on the families of Labrash as they are related to my family. Please feel free to contact me at the following email address. cattattude@shaw.ca
Catherine

Posted: 24 Feb 2009 7:36PM GMT
Surnames: WILKINSON,HARDY
Hi, Have you obtained Obituaries for any of the known deaths?

AGS has published a book of Births,Marriages Deaths to 1905
will show Registration number.
Provincial Archive may be able to assist with transcripts of some.
Genealogical Registrations - can be obtained from the Govt of Alberta - Vital Statatistics Registry Offices - the cost $40. Will show all personal information required at the time.

Public Libraries for the area - or areas where family/friends may have lived - may hold newspapers in their collections

Cemetery Offices - should be able to advise - re date of death - date of burial.Other family members buried in cemetery.
Should be able to provide the name of Funeral Home in charge or arrangements.

Alice Maude [Wilkinson} HARDY - passed away in Vancouver BC?
What date? There are a few Alice Maude HARDY deaths shown at the Provincial Archive of B.C. Vital Events Index -online
When did Alice Maud WILKINSON HARDY - pass away in Vancouver BC?

Filmed Registration can be viewed at no cost , Transcribed - Copies for .50 cents or less depending on Copy Machine charges.
Obituaries - can be searched - may show names and locations of other family members at that time.

There are Volunteers at Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness - British Columbia.
ANY - who offer Lookup of Public Record - can transcribe or copy information found.
SOME - offer Search for OBITUARY
Others - offer Cemetery Photo.

Also check: Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness - Canada
Also for U.S.A.
You may find some assistance.

Check - Alberta GenWeb - there are good sources of information
Sask. GenWeb etc.

Cheers, Stella

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions