Search for content in message boards

HOWARD, HORD,HOARD, OSBORN, ANGLIN

HOWARD, HORD,HOARD, OSBORN, ANGLIN

Tom Howard (View posts)
Posted: 27 May 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking for the parents of Samuel HOWARD (a.k.a. HORD, HOARD), born 2 July 1762 in Buckingham County. He enlisted in Buckingham Co. as a private in the 7th Regiment of Virginia Foot on 19 February 1778, and served through the end of that year. He apparently re-enlisted for several shorter terms of service until the end of the war in 1781.
He married Chloe OSBORN or ANGLIN in circa 1780. Whether they were married in Buckingham County is unknown, but they were in Greenbriar County, VA by the mid-1780's. In 1783, a Samuel Howard sold 120 acres to Nancy Howard. She later sold land in 1800 on Troublesome Creek, and in 1811 on Slate Creek. Sam and Chloe eventually ended up in Lincoln County, KY (that part which would become Knox, then Harlan County), where they lived until their deaths until 1840 and 1843, respectively. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Re: HOWARD, HORD,HOARD, OSBORN, ANGLIN

Posted: 27 Jul 2003 1:16AM GMT
Edited: 12 Nov 2003 3:10AM GMT
Surnames: Howard, Osborne
Hi Tom, I am a direct descendant of Samuel & Chloe (Osborne) Howard. I'm not sure if I can help with what you're looking for, but I'll try. E me at "khonkneee47@yahoo.com" Connie

Posted: 26 Feb 2011 3:37AM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Hello, I'm searching for my great grandfathers family. My grandfather(John velvet howard) lived in essex,va. His father (my great grandfather) Jett howard live in virginia as well. I've been able to find only a small amount of information on either one. Hopefully I can use your help. Thanks

Posted: 10 Mar 2013 4:39PM GMT
Edited: 10 Mar 2013 4:43PM GMT
According to my pedigree chart. Samuel Howard who was married to Chloe Osborne. His father was Samuel Howard born 1723, died 1796 married to Elizabeth Wells. The next generation leads you to your John Howard. Samuel Howard Pension number (Hoard, Samuel) 30491. The next John Howard is in England. I don't know DOB. However his son Francis Edward Howard was born 1637. My tree stems from Conrad Erickson Howard, 1938 Harlan KY.Let me know if this helps,or if you need moe info. dianern2826@msn.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic