Search for content in message boards

George Breeding of Breeding, Kentucky

George Breeding of Breeding, Kentucky

Posted: 16 Jul 2003 6:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 Aug 2009 4:57PM GMT
Surnames: Breeding, Bird
The town of Breeding has a large Breeding Cemetery west of the town. I would like permission to enter the cemetery for the purpose of photographing a few of the tombstones. George Breeding was my ggg grandfather. My George Bird a grandson of his is also buried there. My line comes down from George Breeing's daughter, Lavinia who married Thomas Bird. I continue trying to prove that George Bird is their son. Any information available on this would be appreciated.

Re: George Breeding of Breeding, Kentucky

Phylllis (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jan 2005 4:34AM GMT
Surnames: Breeding
Ben Breeding may be able to help you. He and his family cleaned the cemetery up last year. There was a large news paper article about it. He is living in Texas amd owns the land of my Breeding ancestory. He is a very nice person.

bandsranch@earthlink.net

He gave me a map of the cemetery.
Good Luck

Posted: 2 Feb 2006 2:15AM GMT
My grandfather was William Claude Breeding. He came to Tx from Adair Co. Ky. I have kin buried in the Breeding Ky. cemetery. Where is the map available?

Thanks,
Dale Fischgrabe

Phyllis (View posts)
Posted: 2 Feb 2006 5:23AM GMT
HI, I know your Breeding's. I have a sketch of the cemetery and information from Ben Breeding that comes from there. You are related to him. We are still working on our connection. We know we are all kin. Will forward your message to Ben so he can contact you.

ben breeding (View posts)
Posted: 3 Feb 2006 3:17AM GMT
Dale,

I was born in Breeding, KY. Now live in Houston,TX area. My family has done most of the maintenance on the Old Breeding Cemetery since my grandmother was buried there in 1940. The cemetery was badly neglected from the 1970's until 2001. There were 30 ft trees 12-14 in in diameter by then. A group of my friends from Houston went to Breeding in 2001 armed with chain saws and brush mowers and rescued it. Is now being maintained with lawnmowers.

My records show your line as William Claude/Jesse/Nathan/John Sr. My gg grandfather was James, John Sr.'s younger brother.

Send me your mailing address and I will send you a map showing grave locations, and where known, who is buried there. There are more unmarked than marked graves.

Ben Breeding

Dale Fischgrabe (View posts)
Posted: 4 Feb 2006 2:46AM GMT
Several years ago a cousin Ottie Wheeler of Columbia took my wife and me to the vicinity of the breeding cemetery. He pointed it out to us and as we remember it was so overgrown we didnot attempt to go to it. he also took us to the graves of Jesse and Wife which were fenced in a pasture on private property. My address is 14345 Spring Valley Road
Moody, Tx 76557

We have a son who teaches at Sam Houston HS.

Phyllis (View posts)
Posted: 4 Feb 2006 3:49AM GMT
Hi Dale,

Seems like a lot of Ben's Family is here. But then we know we are all kin. Just connecting the dots. Ben owns the land that my Breeding's owned when they first came to Texas. We need to compare dots! Two new cousins in less then two weeks in Texas.
11133 Bonham Ranch Road, Dripping Springs, Tx 78620

Dale (View posts)
Posted: 6 Feb 2006 2:37AM GMT
My grandfather and his brothers came to McLennan and Bell counties. Lots of kin live hereabouts! Jesse was my ggfather.

Posted: 3 Sep 2009 12:18AM GMT
Edited: 3 Sep 2009 11:26AM GMT
Surnames: Breeding, Pounds, Hiser, Johnson, Hopkins, Richardson, Frazier, Ray
Dear Mr. Breeding, My name is Tara Breeding Mobley and I am in the process of tracing my family's genealogy in Kentucky. I have gotten so far and it seems I am at a standstill in trying to locate information on my gg grandfather Milton (Mike) Breeding who was African American. I do know according to census reports that he was born in Kentucky and he married Polly Pounds (whose family came from VA (Halifax County). I have located my gg grandmother's (Polly) death certificate but I can't locate anything on him other than a census report that shows him in the house of a family called Theopolius and a article where my grandmother Polly (whose mother Phyllis), was raised by the Hiser's of Kentucky, talks about Milton (Mike) and the fact that they had 8 children. The towns mentioned were Center, Edmonton, Barren county, and there were a few others but I would need to look the information up. I was told there is a cemetary that holds some of there remains. If you or anyone could help me, I would appreciate it. My other family that lived in Kentucky around the same area was the Johnson's, Hopkins, Richardson's, Frazier's and Ray's.

Please see the article I found on my grandmother Polly: http://www.aagriots.org/kentucky/Metcalfe/pbreeding.htm

Thank you for an opportunity to share a little of my history.

Posted: 15 Aug 2011 1:01AM GMT
Need verification on the line of Sciata Alice Breeding. Need a record connecting her with her parents and 1st husband James Weston or Winston Breeding. They go back to the same American Revolution Patriot. Is there a Bible, will or something. Thank you,
Hazel Foltyn
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions