Search for content in message boards

Mary Criswell

Mary Criswell

Posted: 1 Apr 2003 8:36PM GMT
Edited: 7 Jul 2004 2:37AM GMT
I am looking for info on Mary Criswell; lived in Catahoula Parish, Louisiana. She was daughter of James Criswell (by his 1st wife) - She was named as an heir to the Estate of her uncle, Rezin Criswell after his death in Oct 1840 & is shown as the wife of John Campbell on the Notary document which verified her claim to Rezin's Estate along with her half sister, Narcissa Criswell, wife of John Seay. Her son, John Wesley Campbell, was my grandfather. Thanks for any help you can give.

Re: Mary Criswell

Posted: 14 Feb 2005 4:34AM GMT
Classification: Query
Mary,

Could your John Wesley Campbell be any relation to my GGGGrandfather James Criswell Campbell??

Tammy

Posted: 15 Feb 2005 3:24AM GMT
I don't know if he is related for sure. My John Wesley Campbell's mother was a daughter of James Criswell. Mary & John Campbell were living in Catahoula Parish, Louisiana according to some Court Records dated 1840. Could you give me some information about your James Criswell Campbell...his parents...where they lived. My John Wesley had some brothers & sisters ---Charles, Rebecca, Elizabeth, James & Alfred (or Alford). I hope some of this will fit & that I'll hear from you soon.
THC

Posted: 15 Feb 2005 3:28AM GMT
I don't know for sure if they are related. Mary Criswell & John Campbell were living in Catahoula Parish, Louisiana according to some Court Records dated 1840. My John Wesley had some brothers & sisters ... Charles, Rebecca, Elizabeth, James & Alfred (or Alford). I look forwarding to hearing from you. THC
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions