Search for content in message boards

John Hoggard, Hertford, County, NC

John Hoggard, Hertford, County, NC

Posted: 24 Dec 2007 9:58AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hoggard, Cooper, Lipscomb
Am looking for ancestors of John Hoggard of Hertford County, NC, married to Etta Ruth Cooper. His father was Armstead Hoggard and his mother was Lizzy Lipcomb.

Re: John Hoggard, Hertford, County, NC

Posted: 17 Jul 2009 7:42PM GMT
My name is Wanda Hoggard.
I live in Windsor, my grandfather was Dukes or Elmer Dukes Hoggard. He died many years before I was born. I do know that he had a brother named John Hoggard in Hertford County and a brother we called Josh although I dont think Josh was his real name.

Posted: 19 Jul 2009 3:02AM GMT
Surnames: HOGGARD
I REALLY DON'T KNOW ANY HOGGARDS. I KNEW AN EARL HOGGARD IN 1962 63 WHEN HE WAS STATIONED IN THE ARMY IN MARYLAND AND I WAS TRYING TO LOCATE HIM. I LOCATED 3 EARL HOGGARDS 2 DECEASED AND ONE IN BRONX NY. I KNOW THAT ONE OF THE EARLS WAS AFRICAN AMERICAN AND THE ONE I KNEW WAS A WHITE MALE. THE OTHER EARL THAT IS DECEASED WAS A SIDNEY EARL. DON'T KNOW IF THAT WAS THE ONE I KNEW OR NOT. I CAN'T SEEM TO GET AN ADDRESS ON THE ONE IN NY AS THE PHONE NUMBER HAS BEEN DISCONECTED.

Posted: 6 Aug 2009 5:10PM GMT
Hi Wanda. Yes, I'm pretty sure this is the same John Hoggard. Do you have any information on the Hoggards that you can share? Please feel free to email me directly. Thank you! Devon (by the way, my sister's name is Wanda)

Posted: 29 Aug 2009 5:49PM GMT
I don't know a lot. My father wasn't much of a father, so he didn't tell us a lot. I had an uncle named Armstead also, he died several years ago. The only people I have met that are related on Uncle John's side are Etta Vaughn, Louise ( I think recently deceased) and Jean. I was at Uncle John's funeral several years ago when I met uncle Josh. I do remember someone saying that Lizzy Lipscomb was dutch and that she came from Pennsylvania. I don't know if it is true.

Posted: 29 Aug 2009 7:37PM GMT
Louise was my grandmother. My sister and I, along with our [great] aunts Jean and Lillian (and Aunt Etta a few steps away), were with her when she passed on August 4...

Posted: 29 Aug 2009 7:38PM GMT
Who was your father?

Posted: 1 Sep 2009 2:20AM GMT
I know that is a great loss for all of you. I only met her once. My prayers are with you. E-mail me at wlh1060@aol.com so we can talk without posting on this board.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions