Search for content in message boards

MILLIE MILTON GOFORTH

MILLIE MILTON GOFORTH

Roy Dunlap (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jan 2001 7:51PM GMT
Any Information on Millie Milton Goforth, her Indian name was Millatirwa, which means Summer Moon. Her father was Chief Pate Nakona (b)1812, (d)1872. She changed her name to Millie, took Milton who was the slave seller who sold her and married John Jerden Goforth in 1831. Looking for any history. Thanks.

Milton/Goforth

Posted: 3 Jun 2001 6:36PM GMT
Edited: 28 Jun 2001 12:59AM GMT
Could you tell me a bit more about Millie Milton Goforth? What tribe was she from?
Choctaw? Thanks

Re: MILLIE MILTON GOFORTH

Posted: 26 Mar 2002 7:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
Where did you get your information? I also have some information that verifies what you say. If you have a proven source, I would be greatly interested.

Re: MILLIE MILTON GOFORTH

Posted: 26 Mar 2002 7:12PM GMT
Peta Nokona, Millie's father, was a Comanche Chief. He is also the father of Quahna Parker. My info says Millie was the first child by Peta's first wife. Quahna was Cynthia's first child. Cynthia was Peta's last wife. If anyone can supply info confirming or denighing this please contact me.

Re: Milton/Goforth

Posted: 3 Jul 2004 6:44PM GMT
Edited: 14 May 2005 9:16PM GMT
Sorry, it's taken so long to reply. Millie Milton was a daughter of Peta Nocona's (Quanah Parker's father) first wife.

Posted: 4 Jul 2004 5:05PM GMT
Edited: 21 Nov 2005 11:19AM GMT
Thank you for your reply

Roy Dunlap (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jul 2004 6:29PM GMT
Linda:

I have John Jerden Goforths family tree forward if you need it. Let me know, what you have and maybe I can help. The only information I have at all on Millie Milton is the 1870 Mississippi Census (I have a good clear copy), which list her and John Jerden and all the little Goforths, including my great grandmother Oma Rosana Goforth.

Great to hear from you.

Have a good weekend.

From Texas,
Roy Dunlap
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions