Search for content in message boards

george whitener

george whitener

jennie lynn quigley (funke) (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jun 2004 3:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
i am the great grand daughter of george whitener and elizabeth abernathy they had somewhere between 18 and 23 children, my grand mother was the youngest, her name was patsy lee whitener, would like any information you might have. thank you jennie lynn quigley (funke)

Re: george whitener

Jackie (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jul 2004 11:18PM GMT
Jennie, do you have any dates that could be checked? Or his father's name. There are too many Georges and the info I have may not come down far enough.

Posted: 26 Jul 2004 7:27PM GMT
Hi jackie, this is what i know about my george whitener, that he lived in brookford north carolina,is married to liza abernathy that they had between 18 and 23 children, of which 12 lived. my george whiteners death date is nov. 1920 in brookford n.c.

Posted: 26 Jul 2004 8:12PM GMT
Hi again jackie,iwent to my family.com page which i should have done first and got you some dates hope this helps a little. my george whitener was born on 13nov 1846 and died 17 nov 1920. they may have changed the name but i told you in the last post that he died in brooksford on the genealogy they say north brook in lincoln co. n.c.

Posted: 15 May 2009 2:58PM GMT
I have it as George Monroe Whitener, and he took my great-grandfather William McKinley Whitener in at a very young age. His father was Bob or Robert Whitener, whom i cannot find. My grandfather Earl Whitener bought new headstones for George and Lizzie in Mt. Vernon Cemetary in Vale, NC. We never had the dates inscribed, but he's near my great-grandfather.

Whitener, George (new stone-no dates)
Whitener, Lizzie

Whitener, William McKinley November 11, 1900 August 21, 1925
Whitener, Eunice Eva Crowder March 8, 1902 2002 (recent burial)

http://files.usgwarchives.org/nc/lincoln/cemeteries/mtvernbc...

Hope this helps, let me know if you know anything of Bob or Robert Whitener.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions