Search for content in message boards

Kent Co. Hughes

Kent Co. Hughes

Amy (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hughes, Whitehead
I am looking for ancestors of George Hughes B} Feb.12,1885 in Newington, Kent Co., England. He was the son of Robert Hughes and Elizabeth Whitehead.
He migrated to USA on Possibly the "Queen Mary" in 1912. He arrived in USA at Ellis Island and moved to Lynchburg VA, where he married Susie Allen Elizabeth Campbell on Aug.17,1913.
George was my ggrandfather. Any information on his ancestors would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Amy in USA

George Whitehead

Catherine (View posts)
Posted: 14 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Whitehead
My grandmother's name is Kathleen Whitehead, she is trying to locate her family whom lived in Sittingbourne England. Her mother's name was Agnus Thomkin and her father's name was George Whitehead. My grandmother was born in 1912 and left England shortly after that. I don't know anything more about there family, but hopefully someone else will. Thank you
Posted: 15 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 9:19AM GMT
Surnames: WHITEHEAD
Hello Catherine

regarding your message on the Whitehead's way back in 2000, have you found anything else on George Whitehead

I am trying to tie in the following:-

James Whitehead m Harriet Trice

Children:
David J b 1859
Celia Ann b 1863
William b 1872
Harriet Elizabeth b 1863
Elizabeth Ann b 1866
Grace Ann mercy b 1873
James b 1875
George b 1881
James david b 1884

I am trying to trace history on the children knowing only that they all came from Sittingbourne.

Any directions

Many thanks
Linda

Re: Elizabeth Whitehead

Posted: 30 Jul 2001 7:07PM GMT
Edited: 7 Oct 2002 4:44PM GMT
Surnames: WHITEHEAD
Do you have any information about Elizabeth Whitehead, mother of George?

Our Whitehead's came from Yorkshire, but have been found moving our around the entire British Isles from about 1880 onwards... They may have started moving around before.

Several branches had daughters by the name of "Elizabeth" and it would be nice to connect!

Re: Elizabeth Whitehead

Amy (View posts)
Posted: 1 Aug 2001 2:43AM GMT
Surnames: Campbell, Goodman, Colbert, Padgett
Is Whitehead her maiden name?? My great great grandmother is Elizabeth Whitehead who married Robert Hughes, who had a son named GEORGE Hughes.
If this is the connection you are looking for, we may be able to help each other out.
I have alot of info on George's descendants, but not much on his ancestors.
I do know that he was in or around Kent Co. England before coming to the USA in 1907 and married in 1914.
Please email me @ amybaker694@earthlink.net. We may be connected.
Posted: 19 Sep 2001 9:08AM GMT
Edited: 30 Jun 2003 12:35PM GMT
Hello Catherine

Have you found any further info on George Whitehead & Agnes Thomkins.

I am trying to find the whereabouts of a George Whitehead b 1881 in Sittingbourne parents James & Harriet along with his other brothers/sisters

Regards
Linda
Posted: 29 Oct 2001 1:53PM GMT
Edited: 30 Jun 2003 12:35PM GMT
Surnames: Whitehead/Trice/Chantler/Jacob/Bluck
Hello Catherine

Hope you don't mind me getting in contact with you. Do you remember a little way back your enquiry abt a George Whitehead and Agnes Thomlin, info I have as follows which I believe to be correct makes George and Agnes my G Aunt and Uncle.

Harriet Victoria m 1858 James Whitehead in Sittingbourne
Children:
David James b 1859 d 1880
Celia Ann b 1863
Harriet Elizabeth b 1864
Elizabeth Ann b 1866
William b 1872
Grace Ann Mercy b 1873
James b 1875
George b 1881 m Agnes Thomlin
James David b 1884

Harriet, before marrying James, had an illegitimate son in 1857 Edward Henry Trice in Sittingbourne (my G Grandfather), and on Edward's birth cert it states father unknown but on his marriage cert it states his father as James Whitehead, so this is my connection to the Whiteheads.

Have you had any luck?

Regards
Linda

Re: George Whitehead

Posted: 29 Sep 2003 4:34AM GMT
Edited: 3 Oct 2004 4:11AM GMT
Do you know when Harriet was born and who her parents were???? I have a Harriet b: 1792 who it is said had an out of wedlock child, nothing more about her.

Re: George Whitehead

Posted: 19 Feb 2013 2:56PM GMT
Agnes appears on the census as Thomlin not Thomkin
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions