Search for content in message boards

Hevlin

Hevlin

Vicki Lux (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jul 2005 4:12AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am trying to obtain information on my grgrandmother Cora Mae Hevlin and any of her family. I have that she was born in Oskaloosa, Mahaska Co., Iowa in 1880. She married August Cochrane in Stockville, NE in 1899.
Posted: 18 Dec 2010 10:34PM GMT
My Grandfather was George M Hevlin and His father was Sam Hevlin and his mother was Frances Hevlin. I was wondering if you have an information on Frances Hevlin. I would be happy to share any information I have if you would like any.

Thank you,
Mike and Theresa Swearingen
Salem, OR

Re: Hevlin

Posted: 6 Jul 2012 1:26AM GMT
Surnames: Hevlin
I am not familiar with Cora Mae, but my aunt Lillian "Such" Hevlin sent me some family photographs from the 40's awhile back, and my grandfather (George Hevlin) was listed with numerous siblings on one photo, and had all their names, ages, and that they were ALL from IOWA on the back of the photo. My grandfather, George, was 67 when he sired my father (Robert Hevlin) in 1935; so, he would have been born in 1868. My grandmother, Ida O'Connor Hevlin was 35 at my father's birth, and given they were all from Iowa & similar ages, I would bet we are related. I'll have to dig out my photo album to see if Cora Mae is on there.
Bob Hevlin

Posted: 6 Jul 2012 1:40AM GMT
Surnames: Hevlin & O'Connor or O'Conner
If your grandfather was George M. Hevlin, then we are definitely related. My grandfather, George. M. Hevlin sired my father (at age 67 in 1935), Robert L. Hevlin Sr, as well as my aunt Lillian and Uncle George (he was K.I.A. in WWII) and other siblings; and, I am Robert L. Hevlin jr. I do not have a subscription to ancestry, but I have an e-mail account: BigBob1963@hotmail.com and can be reached there. I have numerous 1940's photo's Lillian provided ere she passed.
Sincerely,
Bob Hevlin

Posted: 6 Jul 2012 1:47AM GMT
I just sent you an e-mail, and I do recall that my grandfather, George M. Hevlin, did have a brother named Sam in one of the photo's my aunt Lillian "Such" Hevlin (from Salem, Oregon) sent me of them taken in Iowa during the 1940's. I'll have to dig out my photo's and geneology to see if I have info on Frances, but I am nearly certain I do, because there were 7-10 siblings in the one photo; and, I too would be willing to share any & all info with family. :-)
Bob Hevlin
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions