Search for content in message boards

Petty in Henderson Co., Tennessee

Petty in Henderson Co., Tennessee

Posted: 25 Mar 2008 6:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Aug 2009 11:38AM GMT
Surnames: Petty
I am researching the Petty family that lived in Henderson County TN in 1850 up to now.
Looks like there were two or more families in Henderson in the 1850 census. One family had children born in Alabama and another had children born in VA and yet another with children born in TN.
I descended from the family born in TN and possible the one born in VA.
I can't like the 3 families as of yet.
Cynthia was the the head of the family born in AL.
I would like to hear from others researching the families in Henderson County TN.

Re: Petty in Henderson Co., Tennessee

Posted: 4 Apr 2008 4:51AM GMT
Edited: 23 Aug 2009 11:39AM GMT
I have family, I believe came from the states you are talking about. I would really like to talk to you. Please email me at nwhorsepeople@aol.com

Thank you.

Yvonne Petty

Posted: 16 Aug 2009 2:36AM GMT
Surnames: Shelly, Powers
My gggrandfather b TN in 1810 and moved to IN and then to IA. wife Dorothy (Shelly) died in IN and he and 2nd wife Mary Elenor Powers moved to IA and my ggrandfather James Howard stayed in IN. Can't find his parents. Does any of this fit into your searches?

Posted: 16 Aug 2009 3:08PM GMT
No, I don't think I have any of those people in my family line but who knows.
Right now I can't use my familytreemaker so I can't look at the files.
It is possible even if they aren't direct line they could still be related. Our line has not been traced back further than 1850 by me.

Posted: 18 Aug 2009 2:25AM GMT
I hope we can connect,but I have little to go on. My great gr father was James K. Petty b.1835 in Tenn., d. 1900. His wife was Sarah R. Longwith. She was born in Mc Minn Co. Tenn. The chances are that James was a close neighbor and that how they met. His Children were (F)Orlena 1867,James F.,1868, John G,1872 (My grandfather) Walter D.1875,Ellen 1876, Ida ?, (M)ephrain 1879. I have a few pictures of some of his children as adults. Hope we connect, as I would like more information on James K.Petty and family.

Posted: 18 Aug 2009 12:46PM GMT
Most of my Pettys were in Henderson County TN. I know there were other Pettys in TN. I know I do not have this family in my family line mostly because I have not determined the family which my greatgrandmother came from. I haven't seen any Pettys in ships list so I assume their name was spelled different or they were indians. The Pettys looked dark in the one picture I have seen of them. Possible their name was Petigrew.

Posted: 20 Aug 2009 12:40AM GMT
Edited: 23 Aug 2009 11:40AM GMT
Thanks, I don't have a lot going on my mother's side for the petty's. You sound like you have a much greater ability at research then I do. Perhaps if you hold onto this something might come up. I'd bet a dollar on a donut hole were related somewhere. Sherman

Posted: 20 Jul 2011 4:29PM GMT
This is Charlie Petty, I live in Columbia Tn. I have a lot of Tn. family history. I think I have a James K in my tree, I'll check and get back to you
Your Servant..
Charlie Petty

Posted: 29 Jul 2011 2:40AM GMT
Always looking for new cousins. James K. my great grand father. His son, my grandfather John greenberry
SHERMAN

Posted: 1 Nov 2011 2:15PM GMT
I am trying to find Frank Petty dob abt 1856? married to Dicey "Dicie" dob 1858 Hart in 1881 in Texas. The best lead I have had in a while leads me to Henderson Co., TN where there were Pettys and Harts in one area. The only lead I Have gotten on Dicie was on the cencus in TN listed as D.E. Hart. Would appreciate any leads.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions