KENTNER, Janet R., died Mary 20, 2005

Posted: 3 Mar 2006 8:45PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Surnames: KENTNER, WETZEL, O’CONNOR
KENTNER, Janet R., died Mary 20, 2005

KENTNER, WETZEL, O’CONNOR
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Carole Lynn (MOHNEY) CARR, Volunteer Transcriber
Transcribed from an original newspaper clipping from the "Sturgis Daily Journal, " which serves the St. Joseph County, Michigan area. Copy provided by the Sturgis Library, Sturgis, Michigan.
http://members.tripod.com/~tfred/spl.html

http://www.rootsweb.com/~mistjose/index.htm

http://www.michigan.gov/hal/0,1607,7-160-17449_18635---,00.h...

http://members.tripod.com/~tfred/spl.html

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Howe, Ind.; Janet R. KENTNER, 65, of 3325 E SR 120, Howe, Ind., died May 20, 2005 at her home.

She was born Nov. 28, 1939 in Elkhart, Ind., a daughter to Glen A. and Bernetta (WETZEL) KENTNER.

He life partner, Suzanne M. O’CONNOR of Howe, Ind. survives.

She held at PhD and was a college professor and legal researcher who moved from Hoffman Estates, Ill., to Howe, Ind. in 1995.

She was a member of the Philomaths of Howe, Ind.; a 25 year member of the Girls Scouts of America; former treasurer and trustee of the Lima Presbyterian Church of Howe, Ind., and ruling elder of the Presbyterian Church.

Surviving are 15 nieces and nephews; 28 great-nieces and nephews and three great-great-nieces and nephews; and one brother, Keith KENTNER of Dade City, Fla. She was preceded in death by three brothers, Ralph L. KENTNER, Morris L. KENTNER and Bruce E. KENTNER.

Visitation is from 3-8 p.m. Tuesday at the Frurip-May Funeral Home, LaGrange, Ind., where services are at 11 a.m. Wednesday with the Rev. Peggi Kephart Boyce officiating.

Burial will be in Greenlawn Cemetery, Orland, Ind. Memorials may be directed to Parkview Home Health and Hospice. Condolences may be sent to www.fruripmayfuneralhome.com

END

Re: KENTNER, Janet R., died Mary 20, 2005

Posted: 10 Jul 2009 6:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Dec 2009 2:24PM GMT
Surnames: Kentner, Baker
This was My aunt Janet. My Father Bruce Kentner also Passed away in July of 2004 in zephyrhills florida. He is laid to rest with my mother Ella in Bushnell national cementery in Florida. There is 4 of us kids oldest first being, Bill E. Kentner,Elaine K. Kentner( Me ) Phillip T. Kentner and Steven C. Kentner I still have an Uncle Keith Kentner that is still living down in Dadecity Florida.He has 4 children as well,Doris Ray, Devon, David, And Doug all still living and have kids of their own.My Uncle Ralph also had children but not sure where they are all at.
My Aunt Janet has researched this family tree way back and I have plenty of paper work on it, a whole create full. Alot of the Kentner's are buried in the Greenlawn Cementery in Orland, In along with quiet a few wetzles. I know some how we are also related to the Bakers. I would have to get ahold of my Aunt Sue and ask her exactly how.

Posted: 16 Dec 2009 11:45PM GMT
Edited: 21 Dec 2009 2:26PM GMT
Surnames: KENTNER, Straw
HELLO,
MY NAME IS CINDRA GRAHAM. MY GRANDMOTHER WAS FRANCIS (KENTNER) STRAW SISTER TO GLEN KENTNER.
I ALSO KNEW JANET. I CALLED SUE AFTER HER DEATH AND SHE HAS SENT ME SEVERAL THINGS.
I HAVE PICTURES OF GREAT-GRANDMA ELIZABETH AND GREAT-GRANDPA HIRAM. ALSO, THEIR MARRIAGE LICENSE.
I HAVE BEEN TO THE ELKHART COUNTY LIBRARY (DID YOU KNOW THAT GENE KENTNER DONATED THE LAND FOR IT?) AND HAVE MOST OF THE OBITUARIES.
IT WOULD BE GREAT TO SHARE WHAT WE HAVE IF YOU WANT TO LET ME KNOW.
MERRY CHRISTMAS,
CINDRA

Posted: 20 Dec 2009 11:27PM GMT
Surnames: Kentner
Hello and Merry Christmas Cindra. It was so good to hear back from you. I was excited to read your message. I would love to have a picture copy of great grandma Elizibeth and great grandpa Hiram Kentner.I have a picture of Grandpa Glen and his wife ( my grandma) Berenetta and would love to add ones of my great grandpa and grandma in a multi frame of old time photos of family long gone but never forgotten What date were they married on? Were they married there in Elkhart? I did not know the land was donated by gene either for the library. Oh this is so cool finding someone I am related to.When Aunt Janet was alive I was very much intrested in all this as I was growing up, but at times it was very confusing for me. I lost contact with Aunt Janet some before she died and was unable to attend her funeral which I do regret because she was one of my favorite Aunts ( Aunt Sue was my second favorite and still is although I dont get to chat with her very often).I wish I paid better attention to all this stuff when growing up and was able to keep up with who is who and how they are all related to me. Now that I'm hitting the 50 mark family ties have become important to me and I wish Aunt Janet was still around to answer questions for me. Any way thank you very much for responding and I look foward to more discussions of family with you in the future.
Question...Glen Kentner was my grandfather so that means you and I are?????
Any way this is a wonderful christmas gift for me no matter how we are related... THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! Merry Christmas to You too :-)

Posted: 17 Jan 2010 3:14PM GMT
Hi Elaine,
Sorry it took so long to answer, but I am just getting it back together from the holidays.
If Glen is your grandfather and his sister Frances is my grandmother I think that would make us second cousins.
How far do you want to go with this? I have birth, marriage, obits, pictures, and pictures of tombstones. (Yes I suppose I am addicted. Ha! Ha!)
I actually told you wrong on the library. It was the Goshen library.
My husband and I have traveled all over Ohio and several other states finding things. I have a picture of our Gr-gr-gr-gr-gr Grandmother and Grandfather.
I have a 2 inch thick Kentner family history that Sue sent me.
I still have 3 Aunts and 2 Uncles alive and they have been of much help.
Take care,
Cindra

Posted: 19 Jan 2010 3:10PM GMT
Edited: 19 Jan 2010 4:27PM GMT
Good morning Cindra :-)
Wow this is so cool I found a second cousin I didnt know about ... Lovin it... would love to have a copy of the marriage certificate, the obit, and any copies of pictures you can send me. Wow you even got a picture of Gr-gr-gr-gr-gr grandma and grandpa.Would love to have a copy of that one as well. Do you have any pictures of our grandparents all together in a family picture?
I only have 1 uncle left living on my dad's side my Uncle Keith, which I'm sure you know is Aunt Janet's brother. He lives in Dade City, Florida with his wife Aunt Francis and our cousins Doug, David ( and his kids),and Devon ( and his kids and grandkids)... dont think Doris Ray lives there any more. Not sure where she moved to but I know she stays in touch with Uncle Keith and Aunt Francis. My mom and dad use to live in Zephyrhills till they passed away and now they are both laid to rest together in Bushnell National cementary. They were supose to be buried in the Orland cementary with the rest of the family, but dad really loved it there and that was his final choice as to where he wanted to be put to rest at.He wanted cremation and so did mom so their ashes were mixed together and what ever couldnt fit in the earn I got to take back up to Indiana if I ever get back up that way..I have the 2 plot papers for orland Cementary where they were supose to be I guess it's next to where Aunt Janet is laid to rest at... so if I ever get back up that way I'll have a marker put up for them both.
Any way I to lookin through mom and dad's stuff after I got you last message.I got pictures that I found in my mom and dad's stuff of family members of long ago but not sure who everyone is. The pictures arent marked. I also got pictures of my mom and dad,Uncle Keith and Aunt Francis, their kids, Aunt Janet when she was a young girl, Grandpa(Glen)and grandma(Bernetta)Kentner together I believe it was their 50th anniversary picture, and pictures of my brothers,my kids, and grandkids if you would like copies of any of the ones I got.
If you want to send the copies via email that's fine, I can print them off that way... my email is imabluesmansbaby@yahoo.com. or if you want to send them by regular mail here is my address Elaine Kentner
6953 Oak Grove Rd. Morehead, Ky 40351.
Question do you know of any Kentners that may have been near me that is buried here in Ky.that we are related to? I found some listed in cementary directorys here over in Greenup Ky but not sure if they are related or from a different branch of the Kentner Family. I know there is alot of our past family buried up with Aunt Janet but not sure if any was down here.
Well It's always great to hear from you... please stay in touch. I enjoy talking with you
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions