Search for content in message boards

LA Country marriage & death record 1920's

LA Country marriage & death record 1920's

Posted: 16 Jan 2013 1:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Woodroffe Evans; Miller
My Great Great Aunt arrived in America from the UK in 1920. Her Name was Jessie Woodroffe Evans and she was born in Shropshire in 1888. The passenger list states her final destination was 612B Flower Street, Los Angeles. This being the address of her intended husband John Wilfred Miller. Jessie arrived in the US just after the 1920 census and does not appear in the 1930 census. We believe she married John Wilfred Miller and subsequently died some time between these dates.

John Wilfred Miller applied for Naturalization in the 1930's. None of the dates he gives with regard to Jessie are correct and we dont know why he would have lied on the documents. All we know is Jessie disappeared, no one in the UK was ever informed of her death by John Miller and it is important to us that we find out what happened to her.

We hope her marriage and death records might shed light on the situation but we are all in the UK and I dont know how, without precise dates, we would be able to obtain these records. If someone was able to tell me who I would need to contact to get this information I would be very grateful.

Re: LA Country marriage & death record 1920's

Posted: 16 Jan 2013 4:34PM GMT
Obit is from LA Times, 10-28-1924.
-Larry
Attachments:

Re: LA Country marriage & death record 1920's

Posted: 16 Jan 2013 9:56PM GMT
That's amazing, thank you so much! My highest hope was that someone would point me in the right direction regarding who to speak to, I never thought someone would take the time to find them for me, Im really grateful. A lot of the personal details in these documents are wrong too, they are definitely right and for the right people but it amazes me that official documents can have so much wrong information in them!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions