Search for content in message boards

Barbara Simison (Symison) b. abt 1756 in Grimness, South Ronaldsay, Orkney Islands

Barbara Simison (Symison) b. abt 1756 in Grimness, South Ronaldsay, Orkney Islands

Posted: 2 Oct 2006 2:40PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Oct 2006 4:22PM GMT
Surnames: Simison, Symison, Budge
I am looking for any information on Barbara Simison (Symison) She was born around 1756 in Grimness, South Ronaldsay, Orkney Islands, Scotland. All I know is that she married a David Budge. If anyone has any information, I would love to hear from you.

Thanks.

Re: Barbara Simison (Symison) b. abt 1756 in Grimness, South Ronaldsay, Orkney Islands

Posted: 1 Apr 2008 2:45AM GMT
On researching my family tree being Budge and later changed to burge I note that there was a marriage listed as having taken place between an Andrew Budge and Barbara Symison on 29.12.1842 in the area of South Ronaldsay.
Also there is a note of a christening of a Barbara Symison Budge who's father was William Budge and mother Margaret Symison . this was dated 5.10.1824
Another note is for a birth of a Daniel Budge with father David and mother Barbara Symison on 28.8.1791
Don't know whether this will be of any assistance to you

Re: Barbara Simison (Symison) b. abt 1756 in Grimness, South Ronaldsay, Orkney Islands

Posted: 1 Apr 2008 1:34PM GMT
Surnames: Budge, Symison, Simison
The Barbara Symison I am looking for is the one married to David Budge. I have two other children from David and Barbara, but nothing else. Thank you, every little piece of info is helpful.

I do have some Burge's off another branch of my tree in Australia, not my direct line. Would that be a connection to you?

Posted: 1 Apr 2008 9:00PM GMT
Yes I'm sure they would be relatives.
When Daniel Budge arrived in Sydney on board the ship "Royal consort" he fell in love with a bounty immigrant named Elizabeth Matilda Budge , jumped ship and married her. As the authorities were looking for him he changed his name to Daniel Burge.
Please let me know the details of the Australian connection to your family.i will kepp an eye open for any info that will assist you.
My investigations currnetly go back to a Magnus Budge born in 1730 who married a Marion Dunnet who was born in 1735
Are theser people linked to your side?

Regards Jim burge

Posted: 18 Apr 2008 10:53PM GMT
I am now hoping that you might be able to help me.
After a lot more investigation I now find that previous searches of my family tree are in fact incorrect.
The ancestors that I have go back to an Andrew Budge who married Barbara Rosie and after her death married Isabella Thompson. His parents were a David Budge and a Barbara Symison who I understand was born about 1774.

This seems very close to your tree. Can you help with any information.

Regards,
Jim burge

Posted: 18 Apr 2008 11:15PM GMT
You can email me at this address.

lreibin@gillamnet.com

Thanks,
Lorrie

Posted: 17 Sep 2008 1:51AM GMT
Surnames: Budge, McKay
I have a James Budge, son of David Budge and Barbara Symison, in my family tree. He married Euphemia Laughton in 1822, their daughter Jane Budge, born 1834, married Robert McKay in 1859, they are my g-g-grandparents. I'd be more than happy to share info.
Regards
Cathy Worden
ronworden@shaw.ca

Posted: 1 Jan 2010 2:40AM GMT
my ggggg grandfather was David Budge who married Barbara Symison
The date I have for Barbara's birth is abt 1774 and David's abt 1746.
Their daughter Isabella b abt 1786 married Donald Sutherland b abt 1786 on 10 Feb 1813. They are my gggg grandparent's

The only Children of David and Barbara I have are
Isabella b abt 1786
James b abt 1800
Donald b no information

I hope this information is of some assistance to you

L McCauley

Posted: 10 May 2013 12:48AM GMT
Surnames: Budge, Symison, Thomson
Hi,
Did you find out any more about David Budge and Margaret Symison? Their son Andrew married my 4G Aunt Isabella Thomson.
Isabella's mother was Euphemia Budge who married James Thomson. They were my 4G grandparents.

Posted: 10 May 2013 12:50AM GMT
Surnames: Budge, Symison, Thomson
Sorry, I said Margaret but meant Barbara Symison
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions