Search for content in message boards

Ohio Death Certificates Images Online

Ohio Death Certificates Images Online

Posted: 5 Jan 2008 5:05PM GMT
Classification: Query
Please read all of this email first -- DON'T just hop over and sign up.
There are a couple important points you need to remember.

LDS now has Ohio Death Certificates Images online. This is part of their program to put all records online, free for you to use. Their goal is to eventually have all the records they have on microfilm online.

We are fortunate that the Ohio Death Certificates are one of the first ones put online. This is not just a transcription, you can view the actual image and even save the image to your computer or print out a copy.

You must sign up first and there are no costs involved.

Once your are approved, which could take up to a couple of days depending on the number of people signing up, you will be able to start searching the records.

Two things you need to remember --

It MAY take up to TWO DAYS for approval before you can use the site.

There WILL be times when the site is DOWN. You may try to access the site and you will get a blank page. This is because they are adding more records, updating the search engine, or just general maintenance. Be patience and try again later. Before Christmas the site was down 4 to 5 days. I just want you to be aware of this so you don't panic if you can't get the site to load at sometime.

http://search.labs.familysearch.org/

Connie Cotterill-Schumaker

Re: Ohio Death Certificates Images Online

Posted: 5 Jan 2008 5:13PM GMT
Connie also suggest anyone who wants to volunteer to index you can do it at the following site:
http://www.familysearchindexing.org/en/index.jsp
She also considers it away to pay back for using their free records already online

Thank You - For Ohio Death Certificates Images Online

Posted: 6 Jan 2008 11:46AM GMT
Hello I Would Like To Thank You For All The Hard Work And The Information You Have Given And Share On Family Search Lab Program And Family Search And Also For Your Ancestry Census Program And Your Website Connecting Dots. Without These Wonderful Website & Genealogy Program On Internet & Rootsweb. My Family Would Not Have There Family History & Document As Of Today. So Thank You Very Very Much For Everything Greatly Appreciate More Then You Know. Thank You

Re: Thank You - For Ohio Death Certificates Images Online

Posted: 26 Jan 2008 3:09AM GMT
I registered over a week ago and have yet to receive a response......no, it is not due to a spam blocker; I checked. Still waiting......

Posted: 26 Jan 2008 10:34AM GMT

Posted: 26 Jan 2008 1:16PM GMT
Thank you!!!!!

Posted: 27 Jan 2008 3:26PM GMT
Classification: Death
Surnames: Reese
Thank you so much! I was registered within seconds and found a death certificate for a great grandmother in Martin's Ferry that I had hit a brick wall on! Again, thank you!

Posted: 9 Oct 2008 3:46AM GMT
I just noticed this evening that the Ohio Death Certificates were no longer available on FamilySearchLabs - has anyone read anything about this?

Posted: 9 Oct 2008 8:03AM GMT
Thank You For Leting My Family Know About The Program. And Yes The Ohio Death Certificate Is No Longer A Free Program For People To View On Family Search Lab According To The Website. Thank You

Posted: 9 Oct 2008 6:21PM GMT
The Ohio records have been temporarily removed from our site. Information given us is that these records should be available for your use some time this morning. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you and encourage you to keep checking back to access them if you have not already done so.

For your information, the recent upgrade has substantially increased the number of names and collections the site will be able to support. Record Search is currently hosting over 495 million names and climbing! This is good news for our all of our patrons!

Because Record Search is still a Pilot or testing site, at times it may be unavailable or the image collections may be withdrawn without any explanation. This is so we can add more records as we have done in this case or to make the site better and easier to use. Since it is still in a testing phase, we continue to accept feedback or suggestions from our patrons so we can improve our site. We encourage you contact us if you would like to participate in this process. Program updates and revisions will be added as they are developed.

We want to thank you for your continuing use of Record Search. Please visit our site as frequently as you would like or at your convenience. We wish you success in finding your ancestors.

Sincerely,

FamilySearch Support
isk

per page

Find a board about a specific topic