Search for content in message boards

GROSCOST

GROSCOST

Posted: 19 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 Aug 2002 12:53AM GMT
Am researching the GROSCOST (Grosskost) family. If you have
come across this name in your research please contact me.
I am willing to share any info I have. Hans Phillip Groscost
settled in York Co. Pa. and became a citizen in 1735. The
family originally came from Mutterstadt, Pfalz, Germany.
(Bavaria). Hans Phillip married Anna Margaretha Heim: they
had 5 issues. This family was large and too many to list...
any questions don't hesitate to ask.THANKS!
Bev

Hans Philip Grosscost, 1730

Posted: 5 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 16 Jul 2002 2:56PM GMT
Surnames: Grosscost, Heim, Patterson, Calvin, Noll
Researching John Grosscost, who came to York Co, with Hans Philip. John married Christina Noll, their son Jacob married Martha Patterson, their daughter Elizabeth married James Calvin. Will share anything I have which isn't a lot. Thanks for any help.

Anna Elizabeth Groscost

Lisa Thompson (View posts)
Posted: 15 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Anna Eliz.Groscost was my 5 greats grandmother- she was a daughter of your Hans and Anna. Anna Elizabeth married Johannes Hanauer and initially settled in York County. He came over about the same time or the same time that she did. But I haven't researched her yet- if you have anything to share, please do!

Re: GROSCOST

Posted: 27 Jun 2002 4:12AM GMT
Searching for Jacob Groscost who married Martha Patterson.
Adams Co. PA She was the daughter of James Patterson and Susannah Shollas. Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks

Posted: 28 Jun 2002 4:08PM GMT
Edited: 8 Jul 2003 7:34PM GMT
Surnames: Groscost, Heim, Horner,Knack, Dick, Shively, Sills, Harrison
I just found my Horner family and cemetery (Richland Tp, Camabria Co PA) please e-mail me lincarmany@yahoo.com ---- I am just getting organized but my line goes: Hans Groscost, Ann Elizabeth Groscost m John Horner Sr, Cambria John Horner Jr m Susannah Dick, Squire Christian Horner m- Catherine Shively, John C. Horner m- Elizabeth Sill(s)/Sell, John B. Horner m- Margaret Ann Harrison, Ellen/Elsie aMae Horner m- Josiah Dailey/Daley (my grandparents). The Horner cemetery is in a beautiful moutain setting and is wonderfully maintained. As I said I am just getting started, but please let me know any info you have and I will supply any I have. Thanks, Linda
Posted: 28 Jun 2002 4:42PM GMT
Edited: 7 May 2004 8:37PM GMT
Surnames: Groscost, Null, Patterson
I am also researching Groscost lines.

Jacob Groscost m. Martha granddau. of Theobold Sholas of Mt. Pleasant according to his will dated Sep. 5, 1788 probated Dec. 31, 1788 G 352.

Jacob was named in pension of his brother John in 1836

He was the son of John Groscost and Christina Noll.

WILL: John Groscost of Berwick Twp. will dated Sep. 23 1801 prob. Oct. 27, 1801 wife Christina children named John, Jacob, Elizabeth, Susanna and Joseph Little, Christina and John Knight, Daniel, and Mary.

I believe the Daniel Groscost who married Susannah Patterson is the father of Daniel Groscost so this would be a direct line and Patterson would be a direct line. Do you know anything about a Susannah Patterson? I did not realize Martha was a Patterson.

Christos Christou, Jr.
Essex, MD

Posted: 28 Jun 2002 5:08PM GMT
Edited: 29 Sep 2002 3:24AM GMT
Surnames: Shollas, Patterson, Range
I have that Martha, the granddaughter of Theobolt Shollas was the daughter of Susanna Shollas and James Patterson.
email me at LVBimmy@aol.com
Posted: 24 Nov 2002 7:19AM GMT
Edited: 25 Nov 2002 5:00AM GMT
Surnames: Groscost, Norris, Noll, Bowser, Decker, Heggerman,Coleman
I believe Jacob is the son of John Groscost and Christina Noll, born about 1758 in Berwick twp., York cty.,Pa, served as a private in the revolution, moved to Beaver cty.,PA, He was married to Martha Patterson, gdaughter of Theobalt Shollas. The name Jacob is lots easier to work with in this family than is the name Daniel. Good Luck, Kenneth Groscost.

Re: Anna Elizabeth Groscost

Kenneth Groscost (View posts)
Posted: 23 Feb 2004 2:51AM GMT
Edited: 23 Feb 2004 6:01AM GMT
Surnames: Groscost
Lisa, If Anna Elizabeth is the daughter of Hans Phillip, she would have arrived in Phila. port in 1730 from Mutterstadt Germany ( Bayern, Palatinate), where she was born. Data is on ship lists to port of Phil., and in baptism records of the German reformed Church in Mutterstadt. Kenneth Groscost

Re: Hans Philip Grosscost, 1730

Posted: 26 Aug 2007 9:43PM GMT
Surnames: Calvin, Groscost
I am researching the line of James Calvin b. 21 Aug 1782 and son of Stephan and Abagail Calvin. Do you or anyone else know of the location of his burial site? I had been told that he and his wife, Elizabeth, were buried in the New Salem Presbyterian Church Cemetery at Midland, PA. I visited that cemetery this summer but did not find their graves. I did, however, find Elizabeth's parents graves, her parents being Jacob and Martha Patterson Groscost. In contacting New Salem Presbyterian Church, I was furnished with a list of those buried in the cemetery and James Calvin's name was not on the list. Can you be of any assistance?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions