Search for content in message boards

Father of Christian Hoofman/Hoffman/Huffman

Father of Christian Hoofman/Hoffman/Huffman

Posted: 15 Jan 2013 3:29PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hoofman/Hoffman/Human
Hi Holly,
Hope you are still on the "genie" search. In your search did you happen to identify the father of Christian Hoofman/Hoffman/Huffman? He was born in 1755/1756 somewhere in North Hampton Co. PA from what I can gather. As you probably have discovered by now, he was a Rev. War soldier. Only problem is that there were 3 Christian Hoffmans born in PA all about 3 years apart all Rev. soldiers. Ours had a pension # of S38042.
John Huffman

Re: Father of Christian Hoofman/Hoffman/Huffman

Posted: 15 Jan 2013 3:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
Can I join this conversation? I really scoured records in PA trying to separate out the different Christian Hoffmans at one point. I haven't worked this line for a few years, but the following might add to the pool of knowledge:

Source: Sharon Gothard, Easton Public Library

1779 Oct 16, in the Reformed Congregation in Lowhill, PA Johannes and Barbara Hartmann had their son Johannes baptized and Christian and Catharina Hoffman were the sponsors.

1781 Lowhill Twp, PA, Christian Hoffman was a taxable resident

1784 Sept 30 Elizabeth, daughter of Christian and Catherine Hoffman was born
Oct 10 she was baptized and sponsored by Benjamin and Elizabeth Kratzer

1785 March 17, Christian Hoffman had a land warranty in Lowhill Twp, PA

1786, Nov 11, Christian Hoffman, a yeoman of Mt. Bethel Township sold to his brother John Hoffman of Plainfield Twp the following: a white cow with black spots, 2 white yearling hogs, bed and bedding, chest, big iron pot, spinning wheel, table 1 1/2 tons of hay (unless Christian repaid John by next April 1) witnessed by Abram and Benjamin Depue.

I would appreciate being included in future conversation....

Pat Saletore
psaletore@sbcglobal.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic