Search for content in message boards

Danek family from Zembrzyce, Poland

Danek family from Zembrzyce, Poland

Posted: 20 Mar 2006 4:16PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Danek/Talaga/Mis/Starowicz/Samatalski/Ratatczak/Mirocha/Nosalik/Ziarnowski/Kurek
Jozef Danek and Barbara Mis married and had 4 sons in Zembrzyce, Poland. Jan Danek born July 6, 1873, Franciszek Danek born Oct. 9, 1875, Piotr Danek born June 17, 1882, Michal Danek born August 1, 1883. Franciszek Danek married ?, Piotr Danek married Stella. I know nothing about Michal Danek except his birth date. Jan Danek married Marianna Starowicz daughter of Jozef Starowicz and Agata Talaga Jan 30, 1899 in Zembrzyce and had 2 daughters. Zophia born 1900, Anastasia born 1902 and two sons and a daughter that died in infancy. Jan Danek migrated via Ellis Island to USA, Chicago, IL 1905 and Marianna Danek with Zophia and Anastasia migrated in 1912 to join Jan Danek at Chicago address 1213 W. Erie St. Jan and Marianna Danek then had two more children Lillian Danek born 1914? and my father John Danek 1915. Zophia Danek married but spouse last name unknown and had two daughters Jadwiga and Josephine. Anastasia Danek married George Ratatczak and had a son Raymond. Lillian Danek married Samatalski later changed to Samat and had two sons Frank and John. John Danek married Lucille Noah and had 3 daughters, Judith, Janice and Jean. Anyone have more information re the families mentioned above please contact me or leave a message on this board. Thank you ... Jean Danek

Re: Danek family from Zembrzyce, Poland

Posted: 7 Aug 2009 9:12PM GMT
My father and I traveled to Zembrzyce and found several family members, visited their homes, cemetery and their church which was under construction. I am interested in learning more about our famiy ancestry. How did you get started with this website. Are you glad you joined? Do you find it useful?

Thanks, Deb USA

Posted: 18 Sep 2009 9:09AM GMT
Surnames: Danek
I knew a young woman called Jan Danek when I still lived in Chicago, and remember that she was an artist. Her father was a fireman. She and her husband Lewis/Louis Zibas lived on Chicago's north side. They moved to San Francisco during the 1960s. I have lived in London for many years and lost track of her and would love to get in touch if you know where she is. Many thanks in advance!

Posted: 21 Aug 2012 7:42PM GMT
Jade ..... if you have not located Jan Danek yet let me know. I am her sister Jean and I have info for you. I remember you when you used to come to our house in Chicago. My email jcdanek49@comcast.net

Posted: 23 Sep 2012 9:45PM GMT
Classification: Immigration
Surnames: Danek/Adamek
My father Stanislaw Danek was a son of Jan Danek and Joanna Danek (Adamek) from Zembrzyce. I never researched this, but from family stories I suspect that Michal Danek born August 1, 1883 could be my my grandfather's father.

There is also a story in my family about a great uncle who emigrated to USA and came back to retire in Zembrzyce, I don't know his name, but I have seen golden $2.5 coins supposedly brought by this person to Zembrzyce. I live in San Francisco Bay Area, and I visit Poland, including Zembrzyce, roughly every other year. I would be greatful if somebody could add any information to this thread. Also, I may be able to answer some questions regarding our family, if you post them on this board.

Thank you,
Maciej Danek
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions