Search for content in message boards

Funeral Homes 1890-1893

Funeral Homes

Posted: 24 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Oct 2001 1:53AM GMT
Surnames: McLaughlin
Sorry but I do not have funeral home records. I have 4 Harrison County cemetery books, Vol 1 Book 1, Vol 1 Book III, Vol 1 Book IV and Vol 1 Book IX. I did not find Elizabeth Ballinger McLaughlin listed in my books.
Edited: 13 May 2002 11:15PM GMT
Surnames: Ballinger
Elizabeth Ballinger McLaughlin wife of Peter McLaughlin. I do not have a death date, would it be possible to check and see if she is listed in any of the Funeral Homes records. Thank you.

Funeral Homes 1890-1893

Virginia Borkowski (View posts)
Surnames: COLLINS
This is to Vicki King. Please tell me if you found any information For me.You can either send E- Mail or write to my address. Virginia Borkowski 51698 Pioneer Trail Elliott, Ia 51532The last time I fine him in Harrison Co is about
1888. I think he moved to Council Bluffs, Ia. I can fine no death certif. His wife is said to be buried at Woodbine but
no stone for either. I think they are buried by their daughter Olive Collins.

Death Research

Janette Lager (View posts)
Posted: 25 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Please list their names, dates or approximate dates for events and I would be happy to also make a search through my records including the probate index. Pottawattamie County Gen. Society has the old probate records. You may have checked this already but thought I would suggest it. Death records in 1880's are not very reliable. They didn't start them in this state until 1880 and it took till 1921 to pass a law making it mandatory to report all deaths so alot of them went unreported prior to that time. Another thing to do if there is a date or approx. date is to check for an obituary. The few funeral homes I have checked personally had no records before the 1900's. I hope to visit and survey all of the funeral homes this year to document what they do have and let them know about the Harrison County Gen. Society and see if we could work with them more.

McLaughlin

Janette Lager (View posts)
Posted: 25 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Mc
Where did they live in Harrison County? I did not find any record for them in WPA, some cemeteries or the indices for the Histories of Harrison County. Let me know where they lived and time frames and I can try to do a more focused search.

McLaughlin in Douglas Twp.

Posted: 14 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: MCLAUGHLIN
On the 1884 Harrison County, IA Atlas I found R. C. McLaughline, Section 14, SW 1/4, 160 acres in Douglas Township.

MCLAUGHLIN - 1905 Directory

Posted: 15 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: MCLAUGHLIN
Found the following McLaughlin's in the 1905 Harrison County Directory:

Harrison Twp - Dunlap
McLaughlin, Ada - RR 4 Dunlap, she had a telephone on the farm #OO173 list as Mrs John McLaughlin

Morgan Twp - Mondamin
McLaughlin, Neil - carpenter
McLaughlin, Mrs Mary

St John's Twp - Missouri Valley
McLaughlin, Pat - retired, 113 S 8th
McLaughlin, Mrs Pat

McLaughlin, J R - mail clerk, 314 3rd
McLaughlin, Mrs J R
McLaughlin, Blanche
McLaughlin, Ross

Little Sious Twp - Little Sioux
McLaughlin, Mike - farmer, Pisgah
McLaughlin, Mrs Mike
McLaughlin, James

Boyer Twp - Woodbine
McLaughlin, Peter - laborer
McLaughlin, Mrs Elizabeth
McLaughlin, Peter Jr
McLaughlin, Addie

Maybe this will help you find more records of your family.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic