Search for content in message boards

Albert C Daves(Davis)

Albert C Daves(Davis)

Posted: 7 Oct 2011 7:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
looking for information on Albert C. Daves. I saw in a family tree the information on his burial place. But there is no such place as City of Chancellorsville therefor there would be no place as city of Chancellorsville cemetery.
I need to know the location of his headstone. I understand that there is a misspelling of his name on that headstone. Does anyone have a picture of this headstone.

Thank you in advance for any information on this subject.

Re: Albert C Daves(Davis)

Posted: 7 Oct 2011 10:19PM GMT
No Albert C.Daves in my tree.

Posted: 9 Oct 2011 10:48PM GMT
Surnames: Daves, Rudisell, Woody
The man you reference is Alfred Daves, son of Green B. Daves and Mary Margarett Rudisell. He was born September 16, 1827 in North Carolina and died May 3, 1863 in Chancellorsville, Virginia of combat wounds. He married NANCY ELIZABETH WOODY October 13, 1850 in Fannin, Georgia. She was born July 23, 1828 in North Carolina and died January 3, 1920 in Fannin, Georgia. Albert enlisted in the Confederate Army and served as a private in the 23rd Georgia Regiment. He was killed in the Battle of Chancellorsville in 1863. I do not know where he was burried. Doyle Daves

Posted: 9 Oct 2011 11:41PM GMT
Doyle, Marge McGrew Mackie here. I don't have an Alfred in my branch of the Daves tree.

Posted: 9 Oct 2011 11:58PM GMT
Oops!!! I don't know where the "Alfred" came from. I meant Albert. Sorry for the confusion. Doyle

Posted: 10 Oct 2011 2:26AM GMT
No Alfred was not killed in the Battle of Chacellorsville. Its was Albert and his military records list him as Davis.

Posted: 10 Oct 2011 2:30AM GMT
someone in the family trees says he is buried in the City cemetery of Chancellorsville, but there is no City of Canchellorsville. I was there in Sept. looking in the records and the Battle of Chancellorsville Museum has records and there is no record of him at all in the cemeteries around there.

I have all his military records and the widow's pension for Nancy.

I am a member of the Daughters of the Confederacy and am helping a Daves family member with their application.

I also have the military records for Alfred, and Joseph Daves and the Widows Pension records for Joseph's wife.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions