Search for content in message boards

Chippewa Indian Association???

Chippewa Indian Association???

Posted: 19 Mar 2010 4:31AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Farner & Pfarner
I've been told my whole life that one of my Grandfathers (I'm assuming William C. Farner bd 1866 NY -or- Michael Farner bd 1838 NY -or- Caspar Pfarner bd 1793 France) was a french trapper who married a Chippewa Indian girl and that I'm decended from her. I cannot locate any marriage which seems to hold this information up. We've always been very proud of this and now I cannot prove it's true. Please if anyone knows anything I sure would appreciate the information.

Re: Chippewa Indian Association???

Posted: 2 Sep 2010 5:15PM GMT
My name is Dave Farner and I am in the process of digging up my familt tree. We must be related because William C Farner is my grandfather. I lived in Fenton and my dad was Laurence F Farner Jr. His dad wad Laurence F Farner. My dad was raised by his aunte and uncle and I never knew much about his side of the family. Any info you can give me would be great!

Re: Chippewa Indian Association???

Posted: 21 Sep 2010 8:12AM GMT
Surnames: Farner, Pfarner
Sorry it took me so long to reply, I saw that I'd had a bite to my question & then got busy & forgot to check it. I wish I knew more myself. My Grandfather was William C Farner (we called him Bill) who was apparently the brother of your Grandfather & my Great Grandfather was William C Farner. My Grandfather grew up in Michigan but moved to California after the depression I think. My Great Great Grandfather was Michael Farner & my Great, Great, Great Grandfather was Caspar (or Kaspar) Pfarner who was the first to move to America. He came from France, but as Pfarner is a German name, I haven't gone much further back yet as it will take some heavy duty research. Please note that they dropped the P from Farner as they Americanized themselves.

I've noticed that you spelled Laurence differently than I found in my research I will correct my files so it is correct. Eventually I will get further, but you have probably accessed my current family tree as it is public and saw that I didn't go any further than America yet. Someday I hope to get more time to devote, but as other parts of my tree are in America clear back to the Puritans, I've been more focused on that. I'll do what I can, when I can so don't write me off yet.

It's very nice to meet you Dave, my Son's name is David Michael Kennedy-Farner (we hyphenated him so that the Farner name wouldn't die with me as my father was an only son) & you can contact me directly at KandV@att.net if you'd like to keep in touch.

I have attached 2 pictures which I recently got my Mother to dig up of my Grandparents William (Bill) & Twila Farner with me and my sister Chris, Does Bill look anything like Laurence did? I've also attached a picture of my Father. Eventually I'll get more pictures scanned into the computer, but for now these will have to do.

Take care,

Kimberly
Attachments:
per page

Find a board about a specific topic