Search for content in message boards

Edgar Allen Poe

Edgar Allen Poe

S.Swanson (View posts)
Posted: 19 Feb 2000 11:30PM GMT
Looking for the names of his father's brothers and sisters.

Edgars parents brothers sisters

Teddi Stinton (View posts)
Posted: 20 Feb 2000 11:07AM GMT
We have a family tree out of an old Poe book.
It lists Edgar's father as David Poe Jr.
David Poe Jr.s father was David Poe born
Ireland (1743?) Mother Elizabethe Cairens
born 1756 Lancaster Co. Pa.
Their children are:
John Hancock born Aug 25, 1776
William born March 2, 1780
Geore Washington born aug 21, 1782
David Jr. born July 18, 1784
Maria M born Mrch 17, 1790.
Elizabeth m born Sept 26, 1792

Maria M Poe married William Clemm, and were
the parents of Virgina Eliza Clemm,
whom Edgar Allen Poe married.

edgar allen poe

Ann Sullivan (View posts)
Posted: 21 Mar 2000 3:19PM GMT
i have a nephew who was adopted. it has been said that he was named edgar allen poe at birth then when put in foster care the edgar was dropped and his birthcertificate reads allen poe (now allen poe sullivan) he was born May 5, l966 in Clearwater, Florida, Pinellas count at Bay Front dMedical Center.
Any chance he is a relative?

EDGAR ALLEN POE

CHERYL (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jul 2000 12:42AM GMT
MY GT GRAND MA WAS HILA DON DELIA POE
SHE SAID WE WERE RELATED TO EDGAR IMNOT SURE HOW PLZ CONTACT ME MY FATHERS MOTHER WAS HATTIE BELL PIERCE DAUGHTER OF HILA POE SHE WAS BORN IN HORNERSVILLE MO. MY FATHER WAS CHARLES SMEDLEY.
Posted: 10 Aug 2000 12:11PM GMT
Edited: 8 Aug 2003 3:42PM GMT
Teddi, Do you have the names and birthdates of the ten children of John and Jane McBride Poe? I am a descendant of John Hancock Poe and Elizabeth Poe. I would appreciate your help. Nelda Smith,TX

POE's brother's...

Jamie (View posts)
Posted: 18 Aug 2000 8:58AM GMT
Hi Teddi,

I'm Ula's great-niece. Her brother Richard was my grandfather. His son, Minor, is my Dad. I've grown up being told we were related to Edgar, but I've never been able to figure out the connection. Do you know what the connection is? I'd love to exchange any genealogical info you might have on the Mustains. I've also emailed Leslie about Gordon. He's my uncle. I hope to hear from her soon. One last request...I've being trying to contact Sandy Gonzalez for years now. I had her address, but lost it. I have some genealogical documents that I'd like to return to her.

POE surname

Posted: 23 Aug 2000 3:11PM GMT
Edited: 19 Sep 2001 12:26AM GMT
In the old POE book does it mention a Thomas POE ACRES b. 1820 Nenagh, Co. Tipperary? According to family lore they were distant cousins.
Thanks for any help. Contact me off the board.
Pat Smith (RMSPAS@nni.com)

Edgar A. Poe

Posted: 9 Feb 2001 8:08PM GMT
Edited: 22 Aug 2001 12:03AM GMT
Would you have any information on how James S. Poe and Phoebe Parnall-Poe link to Edgar Allan Poe? I have a complete list for James & Phoebe Poe children, all birth dates,some death dates, and married names.

Re: Edgar A. Poe

Joseph L Dickey (View posts)
Posted: 14 Apr 2003 1:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
My wife has been told by older family member that she is related to Edgar A. Poe. Her maiden name was Goupil, mother's was Somerville, also Irish occurs often. Would you be willing to share info on Poe line. Maybe she could find connection. Thanks.

Re: Edgar A. Poe

Kathy Kalb (View posts)
Posted: 20 Apr 2003 4:58AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Poe
I have Edgar A. Poe's ancestry chart starting in Ireland. Send me your e-mail address, and I will send you the family chart for Edgar's line.
Kathy Kalb
per page

Find a board about a specific topic