Search for content in message boards

Thankful Gaylord Camp

Thankful Gaylord Camp

Posted: 10 Aug 2007 2:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Camp Gaylord Coe Richardson Levering
Thankful was the daughter of Abraham and Mary Coe, born abt 1809 may have died in 1850. She married Daniel J. Richardson. She had a daughter, Carrie Eunice Richardson born in 1844. (her name may have been Carolyn) who was born in Canada. Daughter was left in Knox. Co. Ohio and raised by someone else. Richardson may have been a lumber merchant in New York. I think Richardson died in Canada Shortly after leaving Carrie in Ohio, I have NO information on him. Carrie is my great grandmother. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Thankful Gaylord Camp

Posted: 17 Nov 2011 4:24AM GMT
Classification: Query
I have been trying to document the Richardson family that Thankful Camp married into. Thankful did die in 1850, in Canada (I have her death notice). Daniel J Richardson died by 1857, when his brother Joseph B Richardson administered his estate.

Daniel J Richardson was the son of Daniel Richardson and Philena (perhaps Stebbins). He died in 1820 (probably 10 November of that year) and is buried in Livonia, Livingston Co, New York. Daniel Richardson served in the War of 1812, as well as his brothers Jonathan Jr and Joseph, a nephew, and several nephews-in-law. His widow remarried to John Backus, and had a son.

Daniel's father (Daniel J's grandfather) was Jonathan Richardson Sr. His wife's name is unknown, but she died before 1820 (not on the census with the family, and certainly before February 1821, when Jonathan Sr. sold land and she did not sign a dower release). Jonathan Sr died prior to 1829, when his son, previously known as Jonathan Jr becomes Jonathan Sr.

It is my belief (based on the documents I can get my hands on currently as well as family history) that this family came from Leyden, Massachusetts to Livonia, Ontario Co, New York (now part of Livingston County) around 1804-1806. They have begun migrating earlier than that and stayed for a few years in New Hampshire, or the brothers split up before moving to New York and some lived in the New Hampshire/Vermont area for awhile.

I would love to hear what you know about Carrie Eunice Richardson. I have been able to document some of her descendants but I am sure not all of them.

Attached is an image of Thankful (Camp) Richardson's death notice.
Attachments:
per page

Find a board about a specific topic