Search for content in message boards

Looking for Granddaddy Hartley- Revolutionary War Soldier S.C.

Looking for Granddaddy Hartley- Revolutionary War Soldier S.C.

Posted: 26 Nov 2008 5:51AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hartley, South Carolina, Hilliard's Legions CSA, Ft. Gaines, Ga
Hi,
Does anyone have information on our Hartley line in South Carolina? We are searching for Daniel's Grandfather who served during the Revolutionary War.

Daniel Hartley born 1803 came to Ga from SC with wife Rebecca born abt 1813 and purchased land in Ft. Gaines, Clay County, Ga.

Daniel's son Isaac born 1844 married Sarah Jane Buckalew 1868 Henry County, Al. During the civil war Isaac served with Hilliard's Legions, 1st Alabama.

Re: Looking for Granddaddy Hartley- Revolutionary War Soldier S.C.

Posted: 7 Dec 2008 4:06AM GMT
Surnames: Hartley
I need to know a little more about your Hartley line as I have Daniel Hartley and his wife Mary E. Brown moving from Sc to Crawford Co.,GA. and they had a son Daniel also but the dtaes do not match. More data would help me to patch the lines in,Jerry{SC]

Posted: 7 Dec 2008 5:12AM GMT
Hello Jerry;

I don't have a lot on Daniel Hartley, he was born 1803 SC, his wife Rachel was born abt 1813 SC. The 1860 & 1870 Clay County, Ga Census shows they owned a large farm in Ft. Gaines, Ga. with several of their children, Isaac F. born 1844 Ga, Richard G. born 1840 SC, Ellison born 1842 GA, Nancy Ann born 1851 AL, and Leonard born 1848 GA.

The family must have relocated to Ga sometime between 1840-1842 based on the childrens birthdates.

I appreciate any help you can offer;

Posted: 7 Dec 2008 2:50PM GMT
From what I can tell unless there is more data,I think your dates may be wrong. I have a Daniel Hartley[1745-1847?] who married Mary Eleanor Brown and migrated to Ft. Valley,Crawford Co.,GA. They had several children including a son Daniel born around 1780,they also had a son Michael Hartley who had a son Daniel which married Rebecca Altman and they lived around Knoxville,Ga before moving on to Panola Co.,FL. Let me hear back from as there are ;lot of Daniels in this Hartley line. Also you may want to research into the Frederick Hartley from Charleston,SC who was no relation to this line but was a Rev. War soldier for the losing side,and escaped to GA after the war was over. Jerry[SC]
per page

Find a board about a specific topic