Search for content in message boards

jesse horton

jesse horton

Barbara Purdy (View posts)
Posted: 4 May 2002 5:32PM GMT
Classification: Immigration
I hope someone can help. I have a Jesse Horton born 1749 in
VA. His son Jesse Jr. married a Dicy Newman 1759. Jesse the 2nd b.1783 d. 4-1839, I have no marriages for him. Preston B. Horton b. 1833 d. 1901 was married to Mary Elizabeth Malone. She was b. 1825 in Miss. They had many children, Gerogia ann, Martha, Palestine, Alabama, Jennie, Sara Haziltine, Dicia, Douglas (a girl), Fannie, Mary, Ida, John,Drury, Griff. Sara Haziltine Horton b. 6-3-1850 married James Madison Berry, he was b 5-9-1850. Do any of these names mean anything?

Re: jesse horton

Posted: 3 Aug 2002 3:25AM GMT
Classification: Query
I always love meeting new family members. I have discovered that I am a descendant of the Hortons. I would love to hear from you. Preston B. Horton & Elizabeth Malone were the parents of my g-g-grandmother Elizabeth Idella Horton, she married David DeCompass Smith. One of thier eleven children was my g-grandmother, Jennie D. Smith, she married Robert Murphy Drain. One of their children was my grandfather, Clarence E. Lee (Bill) Drain. He married Sabra Baird, and one of their five children was my mother. Her name is Mary Willette Drain, she married Virgil Leon Carroll. I am their youngest son, Greg Carroll. Sorry to bore you with this info. I'm just excited to find more family members. I would love to hear from you. E-mail me at: car35976@aol.com.

Greg Carroll

alice (View posts)
Posted: 21 Mar 2004 10:16PM GMT
I have been searching for an Idella Horton who had a brother Addison Wayt. He was born in Indiana 1907. She adopted some of his children from a McCoy marriage in Cin. Ohio. Some of the childrens names Charlotte,Elsie Betty, Don...Also was told he was in the Navy,was a carpenter in Dayton. I hope you can help,If so I'll send more info thank you Alice email address acasto@charter.net

Posted: 31 May 2004 5:24PM GMT
Edited: 17 Aug 2005 2:21PM GMT
Surnames: Newman, Horton, Kitchen
Do you know who the parents of Dicia/Dicey Newman were? I have a Ellender "Nellie" Newman who married Archibald Horton in Tennessee in 1812 and later settled in the De Kalb County, Alabama area, and later when parts of De Kalb became Etowah County.

I have seen where Nellie Newman's parents were listed as Hervey or Harvey Newman and [--?--] Kitchen, and their children as Nellie, Stephen and Dicia. This Dicia would have been born abt. 1791.

The name Jesse has been suggested as being used in the Horton/Clark family, too, so I'm wondering if this doesn't all hook up somewhere.

Thank you!
Juli

Posted: 15 Mar 2007 10:13PM GMT
Surnames: Horton
I have a Jesse Horton who's parents were Abraham Horton and Adythia Clark. Jesse was married to Dicia Jane Newman, her parents were Nathaniel Newman and Nancy. Jesse and Dicia had a son Preston Berry Horton who married Mary Elizabeth Malone and they had a daughter, Palestine Horton who is my husband's great grandmother.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions